Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,087 Posts
did you tell him aboot us. i would like some options too

· Premium Member
12,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he said around a month from now. and they looked like they were pointing more to the 60.
costing around 2000 though. but hey if its damn near bullet proof i wouldnt do to much complaining.

· Registered
8,530 Posts
I saw the 1g comment and the rebuttal that it would cost atleast that just in labor, lol, so I figured it would be around 2k.

Now if this includes the gears, 35 spline and the option to upgrade to a locker or lsd, then it could be worth it.

When you break down the cost of a new axle or used with a locker or TT and gears, it gets a bit pricy. Figure 500 for a used axle, 5-600 on a TT and 1g on an ARB, then 250 on gears... then labor, 2k isn't that much more and you know it is a proven axle that will work and backed by Currie.

· Registered
2,137 Posts
...if its damn near bullet proof i wouldnt do to much complaining.
^A good thing for the 2wd guys, who don't have a front diff. to limp on.

· Registered
9,345 Posts
he said around a month from now. and they looked like they were pointing more to the 60.
costing around 2000 though. but hey if its damn near bullet proof i wouldnt do to much complaining.
what all is in that $2k? I got a junk yard housing that I'm running Currie axles, Willwood breaks and locking 3rd and have over $2500 in to it. I know custom housing run a little under $1k so is that price of housing + price of ABS senders? and you will still be putting money in to your 3rd member?

· Registered
1,087 Posts
does the titan diff bolt right up?

· Premium Member
12,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what all is in that $2k? I got a junk yard housing that I'm running Currie axles, Willwood breaks and locking 3rd and have over $2500 in to it. I know custom housing run a little under $1k so is that price of housing + price of ABS senders? and you will still be putting money in to your 3rd member?
saying complete replacement. so it would include hopefully everything down to the fluid. but he claimed it will include either a locker or some type of lsd.
for all around 2000.

· Premium Member
6,085 Posts
hmmm I spent $1500 for a currie in the late 80"s to bolt in a GM A body(my el camino), then built another 9" narrowed, wilwood brakes and the 3rd member alone(with spool which is much cheaper than a locker) was $1200 and that was 12 years ago. I really would like to see that one done and the big issue is tone rings for correct abs/speedo operation, and again I know the "OPTIONS" are what drive the price up...disc brakes, locker, center section type standard, nodular, large pinion bearing, braced,etc...

· Premium Member
6,441 Posts
currie never said 2k did they ? all i saw was that they had a target price but never really gave a price only that it would be close to stock replacement

i just looked up a stock jeep axle on their website with just a detroit locker and it came out to $3k

my 9" cost me about 2k for the 1st gen but thats with JY housing and jy 8.8 disk conversion an no ABS

· Premium Member
2,719 Posts
To give you guys an idea; the 9" I am having built, complete, will cost right around 4800$...and I am getting hooked up. This is a 3.5" semi-floater(NOT full) with 35 spline axles, Strange 3rd member w/ 4:56 gears and Detroit locker in a fully trussed fabricated housing with Wilwood Calipers. The housing alone is over 1k, and I am getting that for free.

I have been talking with Chris @ Currie at least once a week since they have been interested in doing this, and it's still in the engineers hands as to if this idea is even feasible. Keep in mind they are building this as a stock replacement; you will be using STOCK Titan rear brakes, hubs, rotors, and calipers along with stock ABS lines. So, as a Frontier owner you will need to have custom spring perches welded up, purchase the complete rear Titan brake set up, and possibly swap your rear flange on the drive shaft depending on your stock axle.

· Premium Member
6,441 Posts
the only way i could see them doin this and be under 2k is just make the center pumpkin a D60 , from what i understand the axle tubes and axle shafts from a m226 are d60 size anyway
i verified the d60 flange works on the 29 spline pinion , so it leads me to believe the rest is d60 except the center section

so all the customer would get is a new housing with a d60 center section and then they just swap all their titan stuff onto the new housing

· Premium Member
9,811 Posts
It's disappointing that they are making one for the Titan instead of the Frontier.

· Premium Member
1,802 Posts
It's disappointing that they are making one for the Titan instead of the Frontier.
I am by no means knowledgeable with any of this, so that's why I ask questions. Would it not be possible to take the Currie Titan rear end and have it narrowed to Frontier width? Are the spline counts the same on the Titan and Frontier M226's? I thought they were but am probably wrong. If, by chance, they're the same then one could swap their Frontier axles into the new housing and relocate the spring perches (keeping stock width.)

I they're not the same, then to keep the stock width you'd have to narrow the housing along with the axles and then use all Titan parts on the rear leaving you with Frontier stuff up front.

Wouldn't it really be way too much work to hack up the Currie to work in the Frontier unless you're going to go full Titan swap front and rear?

I love that they're doing something but the I would think the cost to make it work on our trucks (again, unless going full Titan swap) out weighs the benefit of a righteous rear end.

· Premium Member
12,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
currie never said 2k did they ? all i saw was that they had a target price but never really gave a price only that it would be close to stock replacement

i just looked up a stock jeep axle on their website with just a detroit locker and it came out to $3k

my 9" cost me about 2k for the 1st gen but thats with JY housing and jy 8.8 disk conversion an no ABS
close to stock replacement. stock replacement is around 2k 2.5 through dealer. those are brand new prices.
used is obviously cheaper. but i found as low as 1.5 brand new. so i imagine somewhere in the area of 2-3

· Registered
1,087 Posts
to the frontier? You have to move the spring hangers.. but that is easy..
then all you need is a nice bolt on sas kit (no welder) and a front axle and youd be golden

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.