Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife just purchased a 2019 Frontier and has issues with the Cup holders on the front console being extremely oversize 4 all of her Coffee travel mugs . They are 2 the point of tipping over, Also does not like the HARD steering wheel any suggestions ?

Thanx

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Wife just purchased a 2019 Frontier and has issues with the Cup holders on the front console being extremely oversize 4 all of her Coffee travel mugs . They are 2 the point of tipping over, Also does not like the HARD steering wheel any suggestions ?

Thanx

Jim
Did the dealer not give you the cupholder inserts? What do you mean by hard wheel?

·
Registered
765 Posts
DId you not get the rubber reducers for the cup holders? You should have gotten two of them

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess it is bac 2 t
DId you not get the rubber reducers for the cup holders? You should have gotten two o
Bac 2 the Dealer as there were none need 2 talk to them about possible Radio upgrade for XM radio & remote start

Thanx
Jim

·
Registered
256 Posts
I hope this was used. I'd be hopping mad if it was a new truck delivered to me in that condition. Although being a 2019, that's awfully fast for one of the inserts to go missing already.

Yeah, I know it's just a rubber insert, but things like this make me wonder what else was missed.

·
Registered
765 Posts
i keep one in one cup holder and the other in the center console to hold junk in (i.e. lighter, knife, mace, window breaker, flint & steel...)

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I feel ripped off - I only got one cup holder! Although mine was used... 😂
I'm at minimum the third owner of my 2004, but mine had both cup holder inserts. My 1998 Frontier has one. My 1988 Mazda B2200 truck had none until I made some custom ones.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I remove the front one for my water bottle, and flip it upside down to function as a “lid” for the other one closest to the elbow rest. Keeps it pine needle/dog hair free.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Steering wheel cover may do the trick for you.

I've never thought about the steering wheel being hard. . .but I've driven cars with wooden steering wheels I suppose.

·
Registered
256 Posts
There are leather steering wheel covers available that you permanently attach to the wheel with a needle and thread, and the end result is a softer wheel with an almost OEM look. They're super time consuming to install, but they look way better than the covers you slip over the rim.

I installed one several years ago on my Olds Ciera, and I was really happy with the results. If you're curious, you can take a look at the install thread I created on another forum:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought my truck from Carmax and as I was test driving it I noticed that the cup holder inserts were missing. Thankfully there was another Frontier on the lot and the salesman let me grab those. Easy thing to overlook!

·
Registered
569 Posts
That turned out really good. How long did it take to install?

I think they're worth the extra effort over a slip-on cover, no question.
It took a good couple hours. I did buy the wrong color to match the sand but I didn’t care after a while. They don’t have instructions to cinch up the cover on the backside of the spokes, so I just stitched up behind them with the extra thread. When I asked their CS, they indicated they could send me double sided tape. That’s janky.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts