Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this question is probably out there, but how can i get more lift out of the CTS spindles? I want atleast 7-8in suspension. dont want to do a body lift. but hows the spindles and prg products like coilovers,what would i need for the front and the back. any help would be nice. thanks

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Front
add 3" spacers or extended coilovers..You'll have 7" with spacers and up to 8" with coilovers.

Rear
Mixture of blocks, shackles, and aal's or just 1 big spring pack.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
The CST spindles plus Heim'd Titan Prg upper's with 2.5 Sway-a-way coilvers. Then add box'd titan lowers. This should yield you 7-8" of front lift. You can also go the cheaper route & get the CST spindles with either a 4" spacer from the calmini kit. Some members get rid of them for the coilover option he has. This will yield 8" of front lift but will have a harsh ride or you can get a 3" PRG spacer. This is will a stiff ride but do-able.

The rear can be comprised of a 1.5 aal. Then add either a clamini 1.5 shackle or Prg's titan extendable shackle. You can do a 2" block and then a shackle. Or you can do just a shackle because not much lift will be needed in the back to kepp it level. Otherwise you will have a huge rake. It all depends on the amount of money your willing to spend.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
this question is probably out there, but how can i get more lift out of the CTS spindles? I want atleast 7-8in suspension. dont want to do a body lift. but hows the spindles and prg products like coilovers,what would i need for the front and the back. any help would be nice. thanks
First of all its CST spindles. Second of all, what willl you be doing with the truck? A 4" CST spindle, and a 2.5" Extended length Coilover from PRG will give you anywhere from 6-7" of lift in the front. PRG's Upper Control Arms*** (highly recommended for that amount of lift). In the rear you can go with a new leaf pack which would be 3" and you can also do shackles. PRG's adj. length shackles and leafs can put you anywhere between 3-6" in the rear. Abviously you will need longer shocks.

I just gave you the more pricy route, but it will give you the best performance for the money. (this is what i run)

Now you can also do a cheaper route (In which i was tired of by the first month)

Front: CST Spindle, 2-3" Coil spacer.

Rear: Deaver AAL's from PRG. Shackles. Shocks.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
We all seem to be saying the same thing lol

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
yup. 8" is just asking fro trouble IMO
I know he said he didnt want to do a bodylift but for the sake of his ride quality. I suggest 7" of lift & then a 2" bodylift.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
thanks everyone. why is 8'' asking for trouble. forgot to mention no off roading for this truck.
Your ride may suck, the suspension will be max'd out quicker. Theres alot of reasons. Thats why we suggested you get coilovers instead od spacers. It will give you a firm precise ride. It will handle better around corners & not feel like a washboard.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
thanks everyone. why is 8'' asking for trouble. forgot to mention no off roading for this truck.
With that amount of lift your UCA's will be resting on your Coil Bucket, therefor your front suspension will be almost useless. 6" is safe. 7" is also safe, but you're pushing it

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I am curious as I also have a 4x2 as to why you want that much lift if you dont go off road?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think spacers make the ride harsher... theres no preload added to the front shocks, just the mounting location of the shock is lower, which is where you get ur lift from.... also why would he need box'd titan lowers. that might confuse a new guy.

I think i have between 7 and 8" of lift up front, granted they're from coilovers and titan arms (.75" of lift) but the ride is awesome.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think spacers make the ride harsher... theres no preload added to the front shocks, just the mounting location of the shock is lower, which is where you get ur lift from.... also why would he need box'd titan lowers. that might confuse a new guy.

I think i have between 7 and 8" of lift up front, granted they're from coilovers and titan arms (.75" of lift) but the ride is awesome.
:crikey: i may have thrown some big lingo out there. The thing i was trying to say with the spacers is its a cheaper route but i have found along with other members when you start putting tomuch lift on with spacers. It leaves alot of variables. Thats all.

I like your set-up thats a main reason i suggested some of the things i did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts