Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according to performancelifts.com you can't run a stock wheel with larger tires with the cst spindles. does anyone know if this true or have had any experience with this. i currently have an 06 2wd with prg 2" mini lift and am thiking about getting the spindles for a total of 6". any advice or insight would be great. thanks everyone

·
Registered
40 Posts
strange. just bought my CST spindle from them. told Jeff me that I had to remove the left tie end and reinstall to the right and remove the right tie end and reinstall it to the left. And also shave 1/4" from the threads of the tie end rod. Wallah everything beautiful.........

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
i was under the impression just from posts that i've seen that you'll need wheel spacers so you don't have rubbing issues

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
CST recommends a 17" rim and then probably a 285 at max. If you air down thou, a 285 may widen too much.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yea. they also said in this forum that the Bils ride height adjustable with lifted Coils would not have CB contact. but I got it pretty bad that damaged the top hat for the macpherson strut assembly and had to be changed. be careful who you believe in this forum. there are some knowledgeable people but there are some boneheads. I don't claim to know everything, i'm just explaining what happened to me

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
You can run them with a stock 16" wheel no problem, with a 11.5" wide tire at least. As for the tie rods; you swap left/right to make up for a small difference in size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts