Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Frontier Friends,

Made quite the interesting discovery yesterday in my 2016 Frontier (purchased new in Jan. 2017). Since I got the truck eight or so months ago, I've occasionally noticed random pieces of "fuzz" on the passenger floorboard. Maybe one or two of these pieces a month since I purchased the truck. Previously thinking it was just a loose piece of insulation, yesterday I finally decided to investigate.

Pulled out the glovebox and removed the cabin air filter door. Found a ton more "fuzz." Decided to be brave and remove the filters - oh, boy. Sitting (mostly) atop the filters was a collection of this "fuzz" (about two handfuls or so of it) with a few small leaves included. Seems to me that something was inside of there at the dealer, but there is no other evidence of such. No droppings, no bites or chew marks, no scratching, no dead bodies, no small pups, nothing. Additionally, no other signs of visitors or damage anywhere inside the cab, under the hood, nothing.

I cleaned and vacuumed everything out and filters replaced the cabin air filters (not too bad, $32 from the local dealer for both) but did not drop the blower motor.

Anyone else experience this? Anyone have any ideas? I get that mice and/or chipmunks seem common, but with no chew marks or poop droppings ANYWHERE?

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Rodentia...! Hopefully from a galaxy far, far away.

·
Admin
3,278 Posts
There are definitely some members on here that have had mice trouble before, and have rigged up some reinforced mesh to help prevent 'unauthorized entry'. I can't easily find those threads now because I'm on my phone.

Do you happen to have any pictures of said 'fuzz'? :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately no, I didn't grab any photos. I was too focused on not grabbing a dead rodent, or worse, a live one inside of my blower motor. The "fuzz" was white and somewhat long and stringy. It didn't have much else in it, so little so that it should have just been random leaves and things that would have normally ended up in there under normal conditions.

To say I am anal about the cleanliness of the inside and outside of my vehicle is an understatement. I'm obsessed by it. I can say with little doubt that I have never witnessed, including yesterday during this find, and droppings, bite marks, claw marks, wires chewed through, electrical tape eaten, anything. I am certain I would have spotted it. Even a check of the engine bay reveals no obvious entry points.

Also of note, blower motor, all of the fan speeds, A/C and heat all work perfectly and have since day one (leading me to believe there isn't anything down inside the motor itself and that all electrical wiring that I can't see is also damage-free).

It has always been my experience that rodents leave a trail. Droppings are the easy ones, but other times traces of food, or damage to other areas where they pulled material from to make their home. As far as I can tell, none of that is anywhere to be found.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Where's a Rodent Whisperer when you really need one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts