Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks new member and pre-owned Frontier shopper.

Thought I wanted a King cab but now I'm thinking a CC long bed.

Question, since I'm new at this are there any visual clues to identify a lb viewing web images? I noticed they don't always state that it's a long bed in the ads description. I'm using the carguru.com and cars.com apps.

Anything in the vin to help identify one?

Going to look awhile to get the lay of the land before I buy.

Edit- oh yeah, I know they'll look longer...

Thanks,
Mark B.

·
Registered
808 Posts
First off make sure it has four full sized doors. Next look right behind the cab and in front of the rear wheel well. There will be about 1.5 foot of bed. On the ccsb the wheel well will be almost right into the cab.
This is my cclb. I had to search high and low to find it in Georgia. They shipped it in from the southern part of he state.

Where are you located at?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
There are at least three brand new ones on cars.com in your 150 mile area. They are all new though, ranging $25,500+ all the way up to over $28k.

Are you wanting 4x4 or is a 4x2 acceptable?

·
Super Moderator
11,274 Posts
As far as I know there isn't any character designation to identify it. Many dealers will use generic pictures so you're still not certain when browsing web pages. My dealer had all the pictures of 17 trucks in stock as long beds while only 2 of them actually were.
I'm on my fourth long bed, after my first crew cab being short and think you'll really enjoy owning one.
Good luck in your search and let us know where you're from and maybe can point you to a great possible truck.

Clint

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'd be intersted in selling mine, minus the running boards and exhaust. If you wanted to take a trip to Georgia?

You can DM me if you're Interested at all and want to know more

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply guys. Great info.

I'm still processing what I want. If a CC I'll want the LB to carry a motorcycle or 2 in the bed and the ability to occasionally tow a smallish A-frame pop up camper.

The KC would probably suffice but more room in the cab is better I suppose. I know parking and turning radius will be more of an issue with the CC LB. 'Think' I'll end up getting a 4x2 with 100k+ miles and looking to pay $11 or so. Of course once I research, things seem to go up. The KC seems (from my initial inquiries) to be in that range.

This was going to be a third vehicle in the family but I may end up getting rid of my VW Jetta Sportwagen to get the Frontier. Loved my Xterra I had before the VW.

Have to clear everything with swmbo...

BTW I'm in northern KY. Louisville to be exact.

Mark B.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys. Great info.

the ability to occasionally tow a smallish A-frame pop up camper.
That is the reason I wanted the CCLB as well to tow my trailer... it does take a bit to get accustomed to the battleship like turning radius but makes for a good combo.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Woo! Double cool Coop.

That's a Microlite camper correct? Been looking at their Car-go microlite Xtreme toy hauler.

Great taste you have there.

Mark B.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Woo! Double cool Coop.

That's a Microlite camper correct? Been looking at their Car-go microlite Xtreme toy hauler.

Great taste you have there.

Mark B.
that is what i have... Cargo-lite Extreme... 3 years and counting. A great base camp or an overnight machine. We just got back from 17 days out west in it.

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks.

I did read some on the cross contamination issue and the 'strawberry milkshake' evidence.

I'll make sure I'm looking for the issue and I'll read up on exactly what to look for when I get that far in the process.

Is there a definitive sticky somewhere on this? I'll search.

Edit - just saw the link in your post outfront. Big help, thanks!

Guess Nissan has denied any problems that they're responsible for? Sounds like an easy fix that I've quickly read?

Mark B.

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
'06-'10 auto trans:

If towing, then 'just a bypass' is prolly not the way to best solve the potential cross-contamination issue. New radiator would be the way I'd go.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just looking this am and found this copy not too far away. Price is right.

2007 Nissan Frontier for sale in Terre Haute - 1N6AD09U17C419737 - Terre Haute Chevrolet

Think I'm more comfortable dealing with a new car dealer vs 'Louie's Dixie auto sales' type places. Guess used is all a crap shoot.
Terra haute is a crappy town. The Chevy dealer there though is pretty large. Walk in there and walk out paying less. It's listed as a manual. Drive there, show up, ask about the truck , then be disappointed its not manual. Tell them how far you drove, and get it lower. They probably only gave $5500 for it on trade in.
Terre haute is 20 miles from my home town of Paris, il. Even smaller than t.h.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Terrible Haute...a town of legend.

Good advise on the dealer.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Terra haute is a crappy town. The Chevy dealer there though is pretty large. Walk in there and walk out paying less. It's listed as a manual. Drive there, show up, ask about the truck , then be disappointed its not manual. Tell them how far you drove, and get it lower. They probably only gave $5500 for it on trade in.
Terre haute is 20 miles from my home town of Paris, il. Even smaller than t.h.

Well, I bought the exact same truck, an 06 4 yrs ago with 139k.
The very next day my fuel level sending unit quit. The Toyota dealer I bought it from fixed it, no problem. A week later ses light comes on. So I went back to dealer and it was promary cat #1. They sent it across the street (nissan dealer) and had it fixed no charge to me. About 3 months later the #2 primary cat crappie ooout. I had a Walker direct replace installed for $480 compared to 950 at the dealership.
4 yrs later and the truck has 209k. It has a multiple cyl random mis, but still runs decent. I'm ordering new coils next week hoping that fixes it. They are the next thing after plugs the dealer recommends. Dealer wants over $1000? Ouch!
All in all I'm happy with the truck and waiting to buy a newer one.
Oh and I tow a 30' camper, 4410 lbs. dry weight up some steep grades without any problems.
Good luck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought an 07 CC LB LE 2 yrs ago, it only had 27k on it. The fuel level sending unit is the only thing thats **** the bed on it with the other 27k I've put on it. An hour or two and a $50 part.

I have changed the radiator and belt tensioner pulley since they're weak points and plan on another 100k before I get rid of it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the tips folks.

I have to admit this cross contamination thing has me a little concerned. Guess I need to study on it some more. Looks like I'll need to budget a new rad and transmission cooler on any auto v6 '05 - '10.

Here's a nice '11 local private owner but a bit high in mileage. No contamination issues on '11 > correct?

2011 Nissan Frontier SL

Anyone opinions on this one? Nice little dent in the hood but that's not a deal breaker. Topper is a bonus too.

Mark B.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Don't be deterred by the bad radiator transmission coolers. Take extra precautions when looking over the vehicle. Check for evidence past or present, weather it be a new radiator or a seller bragging about a recent trans flush or new trans. When in doubt, walk away.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts