Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone has successfully removed the interior door panels please let us know how it is done. I don't see any hardware to move so it seems like it just takes a tug. Is this right?

I want to put in my Rockfords and Boston Accoustics. Also, has anyone put/replaced the speaker in the topside of the dash? How's the access there?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got a 2001 but its probably the same. Get a Haynes or Chilton manual and it gives detail pictures and text. I picked up a trim tool from JC Whitney, and it speeds up the process greatly. If yours is like mine, the screws are hidden by the armrests which pop off. Theres a screw in the door handle too.

·
Banned
410 Posts
there should be screws in the cup of the front, the door handles on the back, and the screw in the door opener things.

then start at the bototm and pull hard. the top hangs, after its all popped lift it up.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have a King Cab, so I can only help with the front doors, but basically u need to pull up on the padded arm rest portion...pull up from the back of the arm rest...it'll take some force. Remove 2 screws under there. Then remove the 2 plastic trims under the door handle. If you have a tool with a hook end, it'll help pull the inner plastic trim out...one screw under there. Then just pop the panel off pulling towards the cabin...start from the bottom corner. I'm guessing the back door panels maybe similar?

This thread has some info http://www.clubfrontier.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=111

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
panel removal

Great help guys! Thanks a bunch. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts