Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so confused as to what happened. I just got the truck 1 month ago and I added nerf bars to the truck. No noise at all. This past weekend I swapped out the front shocks with Gabriel Max control. When I took the old shocks they were EXTREMELY shot they will not decompressed once I pressed them down. Now the truck makes cabin noises towards the back like something is loose. At first I thought it was my nerf bars and I checked them and the bolts were loose so I tight them up as much as I could and the noise is still there. I also notice that the noise sometimes comes from the front end of the truck. It feels like something is loose. The truck is a little jumpy on bumps. I hear a clunk noise if it jumps too much. It was jumpy also with the old shock, but no noise at all. Am I doing something wrong? Also I checked the Sway bar bushings and they where shot and I went to the dealer and bought new ones and installed them. Anything else you guys suggest to check or swap out? Lastly I installed an amp in my truck and I accidentally drilled to far and the screw came out so I pushed the bed back a little and cover the holes with bondel to fix them. I pushed the bed back, but even then the noise was not present. Any other suggestions?

John:serious::crying:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm thinking about the year/make 1 gen Crew Cab /King cab.... Also body mount type nerf bars such as USB or whatever are not great. Try to re- torque those cab mouts and replace if degrading...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine had that too when I bought it, then it went away after a few good bumps offroad. I'll let you know if it comes back though.

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
Some shocks don't automatically rebound when you compress them. the few cars i've replaced shocks on did, but my ford ranger's shocks didn't. had Monroes and KYB's on the Ranger and neither of them would rebound by themselves when new. I thought that was odd but I guess they leave that to the springs on some models. As long as there is still resistance when you are pushing the shock shaft in and pulling it out (and you can usually hear the gas hissing faintly) I think they're still OK. if it's blown it'll just move freely with no resistance because there's no more gas in it. had that happen once.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went ahead and rocked the cabin while standing outside and the noise is coming from the mounts for the nerf bars. I readi n other forums that if you place a rubber washer in between then it will no longer run metal to metal and will stop the noise. I will try that and give everyone an update on the noise. Its so annoying it almost makes me want to take off the bars all together. The problem is that they look good on the truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts