·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Invest in some sunglasses.

Reactions: Skinny06

·
Registered
218 Posts
You have a tough one there. Fix it yourself because its paid for or purchase a new one. I personally would look at what you can and can't afford.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Or...
unbolt the bent stuff, hook a come along to a phone pull and the core support, bend it back in place, bolt your parts on and adjust for fit, Rattle can it a close color, crack a beer and relax....
We're talking about a Jethro who lacks the sense to stop driving in a Lowes parking lot when blinded by the sun.
I doubt he has the sense to complete this repair.

·
Super Moderator
10,508 Posts
We're talking about a Jethro who lacks the sense to stop driving in a Lowes parking lot when blinded by the sun.
I doubt he has the sense to complete this repair.
You may not agree with him but It’s his truck and doesn’t really matter what anyone else thinks. He has to live with the consequences and expenses now incurred. Life’s lessons get expensive at times, fortunately he didn’t wail on anything hard enough to get hurt nor did he hurt anyone else.

Clint

Reactions: busemans and SoCal

·
Registered
466 Posts
You may not agree with him but It’s his truck and doesn’t really matter what anyone else thinks.
..not entirely true.. if it didn’t “matter what anyone else thinks” then why would he create this thread asking specifically “well crashed my truck today what do you guys think?”

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Really , anything mentioned on here is fair game for harassments and severe criticism (if deserving) , thats half the fun, who would come on here and admit they couldnt see but just kept on driving where pedestrians are active.Would you expect a response of violins and pats on the back.

·
Registered
334 Posts
IF your truck is still driveable, take it for a drive to see if the wheels are still in alignment. If they aren't, you may need to have a body shop pull everything into square before you replace parts. You don't want to be driving one of those vehicles we sometimes see that looks like it's starting a left turn but is actually going straight down the road.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I think the 05 has a radiator core support that is modular I have quoted the modular steel frame and it’s cheap.And why are you talking about drivetrain..There should not bear any damage on the front drive train that’s nonsense.

The airbags didn’t go off which is a good thing I hear they are expensive to replace lol
The point is the economic viability of repairing an old, high-mileage truck whose resale value is low. It'll cost you more to properly repair this truck than the truck is worth, probably even if you do the work yourself, and possibly even if you find parts in the right paint color to start with.

Just about any broken machine can be repaired, that's not the question. It's a question of if you can just buy another 200,000 mile Frontier with the Nismo or Pro4X package for what it'll cost you to repair this particular Frontier, or if you can buy a low-miles lesser-trim Frontier and swap-in the Nismo-specific goodies from this truck to have something for a reasonable amount of money.

By all means fix your truck if you'd like. I suspect though that when you get the front clip pulled, you'll find the front frame extensions that are designed to deform in a crash to be bent, and once bent these extensions are meant to be replaced, not simply pulled back out. That adds an extra degree of complexity to the repair as the job now entails more than just swapping bolt-on parts. But again, go ahead, it's your truck, your choice.

Reactions: Andrey

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
The point is the economic viability of repairing an old, high-mileage truck whose resale value is low. It'll cost you more to properly repair this truck than the truck is worth, probably even if you do the work yourself, and possibly even if you find parts in the right paint color to start with.

Just about any broken machine can be repaired, that's not the question. It's a question of if you can just buy another 200,000 mile Frontier with the Nismo or Pro4X package for what it'll cost you to repair this particular Frontier, or if you can buy a low-miles lesser-trim Frontier and swap-in the Nismo-specific goodies from this truck to have something for a reasonable amount of money.

By all means fix your truck if you'd like. I suspect though that when you get the front clip pulled, you'll find the front frame extensions that are designed to deform in a crash to be bent, and once bent these extensions are meant to be replaced, not simply pulled back out. That adds an extra degree of complexity to the repair as the job now entails more than just swapping bolt-on parts. But again, go ahead, it's your truck, your choice.
Well things are proving difficult now let me say this truck is not in my name it’s in my family members name who is the real owner.I am just a insured driver and now the owner is getting cold feet and wants to go along with the insurance

I already heard about the front extensions and from what I was told they are simple to repair you judt get new ones plug and play..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
You may not agree with him but It’s his truck and doesn’t really matter what anyone else thinks. He has to live with the consequences and expenses now incurred. Life’s lessons get expensive at times, fortunately he didn’t wail on anything hard enough to get hurt nor did he hurt anyone else.

Clint
No lol it’s alright you guys have fun.I created this thread very well knowing the consequences.I am bringing transparency to the forum knowing very well the consequences.This hopefully a lesson to other people as well.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,099 Posts
Once you fix a totalled vehicle, the title turns to rebuilt, or salvaged title. Insurance is not anymore expensive for that type of vehicle. My frontier had a salvage title on it when I bought it because it had been rear ended and it was an 01. The truck was fine, other then the bumper and tow hitch were smashed.

As long as you let people know its a salvage title, you will have no problems

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
How about you buy the truck from the owner?

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
How many people do you know or how many stories have you heard of people in your city (El Paso) driving directly into a pole in a parking lot???
I will really be surprised if the OP responds again.
I wouldn’t know do you have those stats? As a matter fact not to far from there someone died from hitting a traffic pole and I asked myself the same thing how can a idiot just hit a light pole for no reason when going down a off ramp.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,099 Posts
Yup. If they don't opt to buy it back, you have to buy from auction

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Gotta give you props for being a good sport through all the flak you’re receiving! I’m just surprised you told the truth about the sun in your eyes.. I think I would have gone with the throttle stuck or brakes went out! Just saying..

41 - 60 of 101 Posts