Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Ok, my take on it. The truck has 200,000 miles on it. Even if you do the work yourself, you're looking at hood, bumper, front crash bumper, possibly replacing the front frame extensions, the structures behind the grille that retain the grille, headlights, and the upper valence, plus trying to bend-out the radiator core support if it isn't modular, plus all the sensors that you've crushed and possibly replacing wiring harness ends. you also have to confirm the situation with the transmission cooler, power steering cooler, and HVAC condenser.

In your shoes, I'd look for an SV or Pro4X from the last five years and transfer over any modifications or upgrades. Probably have an axle shop go through the rear end with locker and swap it in, depending on gear ratios do the same with the front differential.

Unless you found a full donor truck with the same paint color I don't see you doing this cost-effectively even if you do all the work yourself.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok, my take on it. The truck has 200,000 miles on it. Even if you do the work yourself, you're looking at hood, bumper, front crash bumper, possibly replacing the front frame extensions, the structures behind the grille that retain the grille, headlights, and the upper valence, plus trying to bend-out the radiator core support if it isn't modular, plus all the sensors that you've crushed and possibly replacing wiring harness ends. you also have to confirm the situation with the transmission cooler, power steering cooler, and HVAC condenser.

In your shoes, I'd look for an SV or Pro4X from the last five years and transfer over any modifications or upgrades. Probably have an axle shop go through the rear end with locker and swap it in, depending on gear ratios do the same with the front differential.

Unless you found a full donor truck with the same paint color I don't see you doing this cost-effectively even if you do all the work yourself.
I think the 05 has a radiator core support that is modular I have quoted the modular steel frame and it’s cheap.And why are you talking about drivetrain..There should not bear any damage on the front drive train that’s nonsense.

The airbags didn’t go off which is a good thing I hear they are expensive to replace lol

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Glad you are ok! you can always get another fronty.... be well brother!

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts

Or...

unbolt the bent stuff, hook a come along to a phone pull and the core support, bend it back in place, bolt your parts on and adjust for fit, Rattle can it a close color, crack a beer and relax....

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Cut your losses and move on.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sorry to see that. On the bright side the frontier held up pretty good. Good thing is gen 2 frontiers are a dime a dozen. I remember in a response to something I posted you wanted a 6 inch lift. You might want to consider getting a newer less damaged truck. It’s hard to tell, especially on newer trucks how much is actually damaged. If it seems to damaged you could either save it or sell it as a parts truck. Sometimes if the vehicle is a certain age they will let you keep it. Good luck.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,788 Posts
A hydraulic puller, pull back ram, some chain, come along & a couple trees not too far apart from each other will do the trick... as long as the motor and tranny are still good.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
You hit a pole cause the sun was in your eyes.
WTF!!

If you CAN'T see you shouldn't be driving forward. What if it was a HUMAN instead of a pole!!!

How often do you use the "can't see ****, hope there's nothing in front of me" approach when you drive?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
You hit a pole cause the sun was in your eyes.
WTF!!

If you CAN'T see you shouldn't be driving forward. What if it was a HUMAN instead of a pole!!!

How often do you use the "can't see ****, hope there's nothing in front of me" approach when you drive?
They call this city the sun city for a reason here we have rays as strong as australia 365 days a year.This isn’t the coast this is west Texas!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Sorry to see that. On the bright side the frontier held up pretty good. Good thing is gen 2 frontiers are a dime a dozen. I remember in a response to something I posted you wanted a 6 inch lift. You might want to consider getting a newer less damaged truck. It’s hard to tell, especially on newer trucks how much is actually damaged. If it seems to damaged you could either save it or sell it as a parts truck. Sometimes if the vehicle is a certain age they will let you keep it. Good luck.
I was going at least 15mph to a dead stop! How much pressure you think there was I figure at least 1 Ton the damn pole didn’t budge.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,788 Posts
They call this city the sun city for a reason and here we have rays as strong as australia 365 days a year you numb nut.This isn’t the coast this is west Texas!
How many people do you know or how many stories have you heard of people in your city (El Paso) driving directly into a pole in a parking lot???

·
Registered
Great truck
1,097 Posts
Just hook to a tree and put it in reverse.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts