Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hit a pole in a parking lot because my vision was impaired.I thought the truck was totally but it looks better the more I look at it.It seems the front bumper took most the hit and the frame member thing that holds the radiator.The brand new radiator AC unit surprisingly never cracked but the little transmission radiator was gutted.All that liquid is transmission fluid.

Look with caution

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well actually the radiator thing looks bent or it could be just the frame holding it but I can’t be sure the thing is not leaking that’s for sure.If it’s ruined well then that’s a brand new 500$ job I did a few weeks ago.

·
Super Moderator
10,508 Posts
No matter what, you’re fine and the truck can be repaired or replaced.
What year is it?

Clint

·
Registered
466 Posts
That’s fixable but requires a fair amount of work. Not sure about it all without obviously seeing it in person but probably needs some pulls in the bunker area, either a good pull on the radiator support or better yet replace. If you’re not doing the work yourself it’s probably close to a total depending on the year for sure.. parts, labor and paint from a shop add up realllll quick..

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You gotta fix er or get another.. you’ve already invested a lot time here in the last two months.. good luck with it!

·
Admin
3,299 Posts
very sorry to see this. good luck, and hopefully it can be repaired and you can get yourself back on the road.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That’s fixable but requires a fair amount of work. Not sure about it all without obviously seeing it in person but probably needs some pulls in the bunker area, either a good pull on the radiator support or better yet replace. If you’re not doing the work yourself it’s probably close to a total depending on the year for sure.. parts, labor and paint from a shop add up realllll quick..
Should buff out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was told the insurance is going to total it which wasn’t surprising to me because they have been useless in about all my accidents. I couldn’t investigate the truck to well at the scene because i could barely get the hood open before the wrecker came but analyzing the photos I suspect there are 600$ worth of damages so far which is far less then I thought.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well actually the radiator thing looks bent or it could be just the frame holding it but I can’t be sure the thing is not leaking that’s for sure.If it’s ruined well then that’s a brand new 500$ job I did a few weeks ago.
Read it your funeral rights and bury the truck. I'm glad your in Texas so I'm far enough out of the way. Ha

·
Registered
79 Posts
I couldn’t investigate the truck to well at the scene because i could barely get the hood open before the wrecker came but analyzing the photos I suspect there are 600$ worth of damages so far which is far less then I thought.
I'm am far from an expert in estimating damages, but $600 seems way way too low for what I see in the pictures. Getting a new hood (or body work) and painting it to match will eat up probably half of that $600 if not more. There is always hidden damage underneath that is never seen until you start tearing it apart. I would guess a few thousand to get it back to the way it was.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm am far from an expert in estimating damages, but $600 seems way way too low for what I see in the pictures. Getting a new hood (or body work) and painting it to match will eat up probably half of that $600 if not more. There is always hidden damage underneath that is never seen until you start tearing it apart. I would guess a few thousand to get it back to the way it was.
Cosmetic Parts don’t cost to much on these second gens everything is about 130$ each bumper,transmission radiator,radiator support action crash is 50$ brand new.A grill is 30$.The hood is like 200$ brand new.And chances are I won’t be buying brand new parts they will be used from the dump.The only damn thing I’m probably worried about is the radiator which seems to be ok but even that is 230$.I highly doubt there are more serious things.And no I’m not even going to take this to a shop I will do it all myself.I figure a good 1,000$ Should fix everything.

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Glad you're OK.

$6k+ if using a collision center...and I'm guessing this is on the low end.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yeah.. a grand isn’t gonna get it done.. based on the photos looks like a fair amount of work needs to be done to radiator support .

sure, you can buy all the parts and slap them on but they aren’t gonna fit right..

Reactions: woodtemple

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Cosmetic Parts don’t cost to much on these second gens everything is about 130$ each bumper,transmission radiator,radiator support action crash is 50$ brand new.A grill is 30$.The hood is like 200$ brand new.And chances are I won’t be buying brand new parts they will be used from the dump.The only damn thing I’m probably worried about is the radiator which seems to be ok but even that is 230$.I highly doubt there are more serious things.And no I’m not even going to take this to a shop I will do it all myself.I figure a good 1,000$ Should fix everything.
Yeah.. good luck with that! Radiator is the least of your problems here!

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
If you aren't going for a show car finish on the body panels, should be doable. At most, you will need to hook the truck to a pole with a come along to pull the core support back.

You people need to understand the difference between a new truck and a 15 year old Runner that is paid for. I've fixed similar over the years. Many times there is enough adjustment/slop built in to things you can move parts around to get it close enough to get the hood to shut and get the truck back down the road to get you to work.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
If you aren't going for a show car finish on the body panels, should be doable. At most, you will need to hook the truck to a pole with a come along to pull the core support back.

You people need to understand the difference between a new truck and a 15 year old Runner that is paid for. I've fixed similar over the years. Many times there is enough adjustment/slop built in to things you can move parts around to get it close enough to get the hood to shut and get the truck back down the road to get you to work.
"Relax alright. My old man is a television repair man. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." - Jeff Spicoli
If it’s anything I learned from this second gen pain in the *** its that these trucks are put together like legos.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts