Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so my 06 CC threw a CPS code a few months back. Replaced the sensor, alls well. Last week same thing happened. It sat overnight went out in the morning to check the code and the CPS is indicated once more. Turn the key and it starts right up and runs fine. Pull the sensor and check it by the manual and it checks fine. Reinstall and still running good. Commence head scratching at this point. Any ideas out there? Also when I have been dealing with the sensor the mounting seems very odd. The sensor just goes right into the hole with no resistance at all. The O ring on the sensor does not seem to even touch anything and does not look like it makes any kind of seal. It makes me think that something is missing from the opening that the sensor goes into. Maybe a sleeve of some kind? Talked to a mechanic friend and he said he has never heard of one that goes in and out that easy. He said at the shop that it can be a real pain to get out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry it has taken so long to get back but this summer has been crazy busy. The sensor is from Advance. I did manage to find time to check at the local stealership and one of the techs said that is the way the mounting is. They checked the parts listings and nothing shows up there either. Seems odd to me to let it be that open. Even with the boot I would think gunk would find its way into the opening. Gunk gets everywhere else! Right now it's running fine. If it acts up again I'll get a OEM sensor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts