Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Frontier 4L V6 showed an SES Cam Sensor code. I got a deal on the two aftermarket Cam Sensors bundled with a Crank Sensor. I changed both Cam Sensors and cleared the code. I didn't get any new SES codes, but had a few hard starts, so I changed the Crank Sensor too (probably should have left it alone). More hard starts and started sputtering while driving. Read up on the importance of a factory Crank Sensor, so I changed with a Nissan part. Although it looked different, it was supposed to be correct for my truck.

The problems only got worse though. I'm still having hard starts, and the sputtering sounds and feels like it wants to stall. I would welcome any information or advice on this, as I have little hair left to pull out.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
First off you should not just change parts just because hoping it will fix the problem. Secondly the frontier sometimes does no like aftermarket market sensors. I would take it to a mechanic that can properly diagnose the problem. Did you even Test the sensors or just replaced them? What brand of sensor did you use?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts