Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Crank no starting when its hot

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  PA.Cob 
#1 ·
so i have a 2006 frontier with the v6 4.0 and I am just about out of ideas on whats wrong with it so first it had the check engine light on for one of the camshaft sensor i replaced then the other side when out so I replaced also then the check engine light its gone then I noticed the it starts great in the mornings or when its cool down but after I drive it for a while or hours then I turn it of then if I try to start it after about 5 to 10 minutes it will crank over and over but it won't fired up now if you turn it of then re start right of way it will start i have spray starting fluid when its doing this and still won't start so I also have replaced the ipdm box and still the same so whatever it is its malfunction when the engine its hot maybe someone can help me out the other thing I am thinking its the ecm because when its running it runs great no problems its just when its hot then you turn it of and its over we have to wait till it cools down so some one help me lol thanks guys

#4 ·
Probably a little late for this reply but I learned a long time ago when something new is added and there is a change from the norm, it is usually the new thing causing the change. I also have learned to use OEM for electrical parts replacement. Good luck with it.

#12 ·
Your correct, there is a fuel strainer sock over the pump intake. For me a filter is at least good for 2-5 microns, the strainer sock is good for sand and dead leaves. I'd like to see a quality spin-on filter-water sep like my old diesel, but almost zero manufactuer's do that these days.

#15 ·
I am interested in knowing if you figured this out as well. Starting this past summer I began to notice that my 2008 4.0 4x4 186,000 miles would start having an slightly rough idle when it was hot. Then it started with the no start when hot. I got a code for the canister purge system and ended up replacing the gas cap because it was the wrong cap. However the no start when hot has persisted. It's actually getting worse. When it does start while hot I get a rough idle and it will throw the p300 code for random multiple misfires. I replaced the spark plugs which appeared to be the stock original plugs. That didn't help. I just replaced the crank and cam shaft sensors didn't help. My next thoughts are either the fuel pump or the coils.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.