Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to put a small crack in just a piece of the rear diff yoke that holds the snap ring for the ujoints. Pics below. This cap went in very easily. I was using a ball large c clamp and could twist the cap in by hand without using a wrench. The snap ring fits, it seems to be in there tight enough, and it's not making noise.

Anyone know if this needs to be replaced? The crack does not extend into the yoke, and is only on a small portion of the clip retaining lip.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Premium Member
7,856 Posts
Not a good place for a crack as that ring land retains the circlip that holds the caps in the flange. Use at your own risk. I would at least have someone put a small bead around that crack with a welder. It doesn't hold any load but if it manages to lose that circlip and that ujoint yoke comes loose at hwy speeds it could get ugly in a hurry. Not super likely but also not worth the slightest risk in my book. Those flanges aren't that expensive. Cheaper from Spicer than they are from the dealer for sure, better yet from a local pic-a-part.

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts
Replace the part, why revisit this and be stuck on the side of the road.

Clint

·
Premium Member
12,067 Posts
think about how hilarious it would be throwing your driveshaft into your bed at 75. lol holy **** the dents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts