Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do you know it’s pulling outside air as opposed to recirculating? Even home HVAC systems pull outside air because homes/vehicles are not air tight.
I get exhaust odors from other vehicles... especially the clunkers ahead of me in traffic. I have seen this situation in other cars I have driven under heavy acceleration when the engine vacuum drops. But this happens on my 2017 truck (sometimes) under steady state driving on the highway.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I get exhaust odors from other vehicles... especially the clunkers ahead of me in traffic. I have seen this situation in other cars I have driven under heavy acceleration when the engine vacuum drops. But this happens on my 2017 truck (sometimes) under steady state driving on the highway.
Gotcha. The only time I’ve noticed odors when on recirc is around livestock trucks or ridiculously potent exhaust odors. I’m not sure if it’s the hvac itself or the truck not being as airtight as my Impreza was. When I had the Impreza, I commuted past a feed lot and wouldn’t smell it at all on recirc. Unfortunately, I don’t live out that way anymore so I don’t have a direct comparison.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gotcha. The only time I’ve noticed odors when on recirc is around livestock trucks or ridiculously potent exhaust odors. I’m not sure if it’s the hvac itself or the truck not being as airtight as my Impreza was. When I had the Impreza, I commuted past a feed lot and wouldn’t smell it at all on recirc. Unfortunately, I don’t live out that way anymore so I don’t have a direct comparison.
Got it. Yes, that might be the reason. I have other cars that are excellent at keeping outside air on the outside (Subaru Outback 08). Or the vacuum operated damper is not closing tight. I need to get a FSM at some point and get deeper. Hopefully a system diagram/illustration is included. Thanks much for your reply.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Nice! Cool folks!
Not exactly. Strict disciplinarians actually. Teaching me at such a young age was my dads last ditch effort in trying to light a fire under my older brother (4 years older) who was too scared to get behind the wheel.
Took about a year of him glaring at me and me smiling at him thru the rear view mirror, after he was relegated to the back seat, before his noots finally dropped.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
is there no way to kill this ridiculous thread? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

41 - 45 of 45 Posts