Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see what the engine bay looks like with the different cold airs

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Here's the write-up I did on the AirAid with pics: AirAid Install

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
RDNF,

Have you checked your PowerAid TBS lately? I was reading on another forum about a black residue accumulating on the leading edge of the TBS. I checked mine and sure enough it was there. It feels almost like a slick silicone feel like the O ring may be melted. The other guy said he pulled his and said it looked like it did melt. I've not pulled mine yet, was going to this weekend, and if it appears the O ring melted, I'm going to take some pics and send then to AirAid to see what's up! Just curious if you're experiencing the same thing. Thanks...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you for all the replies.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Injen Polished Intake

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
that black powder coated Injen looks tits!
I've had great experience with Injens in the past with my other vehicles

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
And now for something completely different.
Although i dont own one yet it is what im going to have on mine.
Its called an air intake snorkle its high up to prvide cleaner cooler air for driving on dirt roads. It lessens the need to clean the air filter .Its also good for going through water and mud.
i dont have a picture of what it looks like under the hood but it just joins onto the existing filter box i think.

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
KnN CAI

·
Registered
246 Posts
Everyone with the open-box aftermarket intakes (nismo, air raid etc.) how do the side walls and rubber seals do with water splashing up into the engine compartment. Has anyone gotten their new intakes wet?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I've checked mine after running it through Mike's Carwash and after driving in torrential rains, and have never noticed water in oron the filter. The car wash has high pressure nozzles spraying water from all side, including underneath because they do the chassis wash as well.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
I was wondering when they were going to come out with the snorkle....Its too bad you have to cut holes in the fender.

Or is that a Navara only thing?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts