Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to buy a frontier and finally found one that fits what i'm looking for and was wondering what you all thought it'd be worth to try to offer. I only ask cause I normally participate in sportbike forums and there's a lot of things ppl that are into them are aware of that the rest of us dont know about, like specific model year issues.

2002 V6, 4x4, CC, Long Bed, 87k miles. reportedly well maintained.

they want at least 9k so far and i'm not looking to spend over 11k, maybe 12k if i'm in love with it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Include your zip code.. it helps to do a KBB check to get some kind of idea what they are going for in your area..

does the owner have the OEM wheels? This may help reduce the price some and help get rid of whatever those are...

KBB for my zipcode says in Excellent it is worth $9,600 Good is $9000

No way should you go over that and deff not towards 11 or 12.. I payed 12 for mine and is 1 year newer with 36k miles and is a Cali truck that has never seen anything other than pavement.

There asking price of $9,000 is fair.. but I have not driven it.. and have no idea what the maintenance level is.. new brakes/ tires/ etc etc..

·
Registered
637 Posts
Agreed, those rims are :vomit:

Kbb is a good source, however it may be a little high right now due to the market. I would look at private party and deduct at least a grand.

Not sure if yellow would affect the price at all. I think most people dont care for it therefore making it a niche vehicle and would take the right buyer. Could work to your advantage as well.

The ball is in your court, its a buyers market.

Or, you could spend an extra $1k and buy my BMW M3..... :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
13k for the M3?

and yeah, they have the stock rims. thankfully, for some reason i really like the yellow color on the frontier. never have on any other vehicle. and yeah, i know the KBB and all that, just curious if there's anything the 02's are known to suffer from that would hopefully have been fixed already? For instance, the 1st gen Yamaha R6 suffers from a second gear slip that, if not fixed already, will really impact sale price.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
02's really do not have any issues.. But... around 95k miles you should have your timing belt replaced because they sometimes break around 100k miles. That should cost $600+/- depending on if you do it yourself or get a shop to do it. The dealer wants $1200+ to do it. If you do the water pump and other belts/seals too.

I paid $11k for my truck 5 years ago with 40k miles. It is not a crew cab but I would not pay 9k for that one in these times. I would offer $6-7k $8k tops.

Those big rims will wear out the brakes faster so point that out as something you may need to replace. To help drive down the price.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
i'm looking to buy a frontier and finally found one that fits what i'm looking for and was wondering what you all thought it'd be worth to try to offer. I only ask cause I normally participate in sportbike forums and there's a lot of things ppl that are into them are aware of that the rest of us dont know about, like specific model year issues.

2002 V6, 4x4, CC, Long Bed, 87k miles. reportedly well maintained.

they want at least 9k so far and i'm not looking to spend over 11k, maybe 12k if i'm in love with it.
I am not sure I understand this, "they want at least 9K" what is the comment of not spenting over 11K, maybe 12K then? Or did I miss something completely here??

·
Registered
637 Posts
13k for the M3?

and yeah, they have the stock rims. thankfully, for some reason i really like the yellow color on the frontier. never have on any other vehicle. and yeah, i know the KBB and all that, just curious if there's anything the 02's are known to suffer from that would hopefully have been fixed already? For instance, the 1st gen Yamaha R6 suffers from a second gear slip that, if not fixed already, will really impact sale price.
No, you said at least $9k for the frontier so $10k is what I am selling my car for.

I think this era of Frontier still had the 3.3 engine which I had in my 00 Pathfinder. Underpowered and poor fuel economy, but didnt have any issues. Not sure if these still suffered from bad exhaust manifolds? Had my Pathfinder for 3 years and had to replace the t-case immediatley (still wonder if it was really bad but warrenty paid for it) and an O-ring for a coolant sensor.

·
Registered
890 Posts
i think they did the exhaust manifold change in 02, someone will know for sure, sounds like a good deal, id get a carfax, mak sure you get to do a cold startup on it and listen to everything, you will most likely hear a little valve clatter for first couple seconds of running, thats pretty much normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts