Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this brand or similar?

Was thinking this would be an easy way to add both a front and bed light bar....

This is the Costco Canada link....cheaper in store as well.

https://www.costco.ca/terra-pro-14-in.-12-v-led-light-bar-with-wireless-controller-switch.product.100504934.html

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I've not been back to Costco yet, but certainly tempted to pick up a couple...I am waiting a bit as they are NOT selling well from what I can see, so I am hoping they will go to liquidation pricing at some point...

I've been looking to see the best way to connect them up as well - i.e. how to get a 12v line to them.

Also thinking of connecting up my HAM radio equipment, so thinking of adding a fuse box perhaps.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I haven't used that brand before but my lights are controlled through a wireless switch panel or i can run them off an app on my phone.

Its worked pretty well for me so far and saves the time of running wires into the cab.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
YEGFrontier, if you have the trailering tow package fully configured, as I do, you already have switched 12v running underneath the truck. Tap into the trailer 7 pin connector for "house lights / trailer battery" connection.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip! I never would have thought of that and probably would have ended up running wires. Yes, I've got the fully wired 7 pin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't used that brand before but my lights are controlled through a wireless switch panel or i can run them off an app on my phone.

Its worked pretty well for me so far and saves the time of running wires into the cab.
Do you have a link or any more info to the set up you're running?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I’m using the trigger accessory system. It has 2 30amp and 2 10amp switches. Super easy to install and wildly easy to add lights or whatever to your system. I’m running a 50” and 20” light bars and a set of Baja designs squadrons off it right now.

·
Registered
496 Posts
They have one with 6 switches as well, it just costs a bit more.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
That's really nice. I'm still an old-skool wire from point A to point B type of guy but must admit; this is pretty easy to install and if I add more parts later, may investigate if this is a good solution for me as well.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Don't worry guys there are still some wires to hook up, power, ground, switched 12 volt plus you still get to hard wire your lights or whatever to the box.

So far the issue i've run into was due to my laziness. When I first hooked the until up I ignored the step where you set a pass-code for the switch panel, this lead to my lights coming on randomly at various times. Once I set the pass-code on the controller no more problems. The other thing is the controller is battery powered, not a big deal but something to keep in mind.

I liked the idea of the bluetooth and the price fit my wallet better than something like an SPOD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts