Torsion crank
31x10.5 BFG Muds

Coming soon:
3" Suspension
Home grown rock sliders, front and rear bumper

Starting line

First thing was to get rid of that sketchy looking bumper

Went to see my buddy with a sandblaster

Then slapped some Herculiner on it, turned out great and no more slipping when its muddy or wet!!

3" Body Lift

Decided to do the body first....money was the deciding factor..lol

Marking the steering shaft for proper install alignment

Rad. removed

Bed finished

This little collar hanges down on the bottom of the cab, corner of both floorboards. This was the only big problem I ran into. The body blocks as you notice in the 2nd picture have small holes for the 7/16" bolts to go through. The collar was like 11/16" to 3/4" dia. I just took the blocks and drilled them out to fit.
Collar

Modified block on the right

Cab finished

To install the radiator drop support I had to trim off the radiator mount wings off the radiator support and drill 3 mount holes....good place for a SawzAll

Supports removed

Clean install with lots of room around the rad. You can see the drop bracket in the middle (gold)

Power steering reservoir mount. Had to drill out the 4 spot welds for the slide in bracket. Sorry no pics of the bracket that was with the kit for the relocation, but it is a nice bracket.

Done....18 hours later (2 days)

I will post better pics when it stops raining and I can clean it up.
Stay tuned for more...hopefully in another month for the SL!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so I take it you didnt need to weld anything?
Yeah well, I had to weld the 4wd shifter extension in. Had to cut it right above where the upper is connected to the lower part of the shaft. Sorry no pic of that. I was in a rush to get the install done. I still have to weld the bed perch blocks in, not too worried about that now though. I aint putting nothin heavy in the bed right now anyway. Will post pics of that soon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: 3/24/10[/COLOR]

Picked up my CB a few days ago. Uniden Pro 510XL, 5' antenna.

Found a real nice spot through the firewall where the hood release cable ran through. Couldn't get the coax. through with the cable in there so I unhooked the hood release and pulled the cable out to get the coax through.

The bed extender mount was a real nice place to mount my antenna. Used a mirror mount to secure it. I figured I needed a little better grounding due to the body lift, so I ran a ground wire from the antenna mount to the frame.
Probably gonna relocate it soon due to the spare tire relocation that I'm planning.

No my leg doesn't hit it getting in and out of the truck!! I'm 6'2" and it doesn't even get in my way sitting in the seat. Perfect size unit for that location. Doesn't even block my fuse panel!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TRUE DUAL CAT-BACK EXHAUST

Went to my buddie's exhaust shop. He's runs the open-wheeled modified class on pavement, been doing it for about 14 years so I figured he could fab a good system. Went with 2 1/4" pipe and 2 Magnaflow mufflers. Got him to turn the tips down too. Had to lose my spare mount area but that space was gonna be wasted anyway!! The sound is great! Nice really low growl at low RPMs and a good deep hum on the interstate. I think I picked up a lil pep too!! :woot:
Next thing on the exhaust is the headers and trying to figure something out about these CATs!! I hate them...

UPCOMING:Headers, Spare Tire Mount, Sliders, Suspension

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sound byte (night time and clod start) Maybe post a better one later??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Headers
04/05/10

Got the headers from AC. People can talk crap about them but they fit really well! No loud valve ticking, no leaks, and the bottom end and mid-range torque has definitley improved. Combined with the dual exhaust it has a great ringing deep bellow to it. I only used ONE check engine light eliminator! I bought two but wanted to try it with one. So, "NO", you don't need 2 eliminators. No codes thrown yet either! I still have the back 2 cats on but hopefully next month I will either cut those out to complete the exhaust system or I will put high flows in. Any questions about the headers just send em my way. Maybe I can clear some of the issues up that people have with the AC headers. Maybe it's just me though...

Factory Manifold with the first converter removed

Passenger side

Driver side

*Note that the CEL eliminator is circled.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I want to learn, so I'm gonna ask.
What exactly does the CEL Eliminator do? I understand it stops the light from going off, but what do the new headers do that make the CEL go off? I'm assuming the eliminator sends a signal to the computer so it reads normal?

I live in New York, we have strict exhaust laws. But I would like to go the route of adding these on my truck, in the future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thinking of getting these headers but can you tell me if you had any problems installing them?? and how you solved those problems?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE 6/8/10

Cragar Soft 8's 15x8
Mickey Thompson Baja Claws 33x12.50

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey can u do me a favor and throw a video of how the exhaust sounds with the headers installed!!??? I'm very curious

1 - 11 of 11 Posts