Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to replace my Master Cylinder but can't seem to find the correct aftermarket part. Even OEM I'm not sure, but I am looking for an aftermarket.

2006 Nissan Frontier SE V6 King Cab
Automatic transmission
Pretty sure I do not have traction control or a LSD.

I believe I need part number 46010-EA220, or aftermarket equivalent.
HYDRAULIC SYSTEM for 2006 Nissan Frontier

See attached photos.... my master cylinder has the extra connection on the bottom (yellow arrow).
Unable to find one with that connection. All seem to be without it (red arrow)
The FSM & Nissan Parts website does not show a diagram with this connection.
RockAuto has replacements listed as correct fitment (and/or exact for 46010-EA220) but NOT show this connection.

Any ideas?

Edit: Seems that extra connection might be a pressure sensor (fluid level sensor is on reservoir body). Regardless, need help finding a correct master cyl.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
After a few hours more research, I've made some headway.
I believe the VDC Slip (which I have) is what Nissan calls Traction Control. Then there's the "Advanced Traction Control" which I'm pretty sure I don't have. Therefore, the correct OEM part number should be 46010-EA240.

All 2006 model parts do not show the correct item (even if it says it's the correct part) - The pressure sensor port is missing. These parts show fitment for 2005-2006 or 2005-2010 Frontiers, and 2005+ Xterras.

Parts for 2007 models appear correct (with the pressure sensor port) and correspond to PN 46010-EA240. These are easy to find. These parts show fitment for 2007+ Frontiers and 2005+ Xterras.

So it seems I need the 2007 model part. Maybe mine's a "late model" 2006... or maybe a slight difference in manufacturing due to Canadian model (unlikely). That leaves me choosing between what's listed as the correct part for my 2006 (but I'm 99% sure it's not) or the 2007 model part which looks exactly like what I need. Damn part listings!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Glad your research is working out. Have you called a Nissan Dealer parts department? They can pull up your parts based on your vin number. It was validate the part number you need.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad your research is working out. Have you called a Nissan Dealer parts department? They can pull up your parts based on your vin number. It was validate the part number you need.
Good call, thanks! Called the dealer and they confirmed part #46010-EA240 (2007+). Good thing I visually noticed the difference before ordering the "correct" part from RockAuto.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know this is an old post, but thought I would add my experience. Ordered the “correct” part from RockAuto. 2005 2WD Auto Nismo, it gets that detailed in their part search. I needed the pressure port, this one they sent did not. So decided to buy local. The one they had that ”fit” all 2005 automatics also did not have the pressure port. So ended up with one that fits a 2007 Nismo, they had no listing for a 2005 or 2006 Nismo. Just thought I would share so others know where to look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts