Nissan Frontier Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

Registered
Get your flu shot so you can contribute to herd immunity and help protect your friends and neighbors who might be immunocompromised. The shot is almost literally free if you have insurance.
So you don't question why places like publix are offering a 10 dolla gift card if you get a free flu shot? You think that's somehow normal? 馃馃檮

Registered
no it isnt.

the flu is less than half as deadly when you look at it from a statistic standpoint.
the reason you think the flu is deadlier is because the word "flu" covers a lot of sicknesses that mimic each other and there is historical data to call back on.

the corona virus would kill triple the amount that the flu does when you inflate the infection numbers to mimic flu infection numbers.
the big problem as you pointed out is it has a much higher infection rate.
The government told you this? 馃馃檮

2020 Moderating
It's an obvious hoax. I didn't even want to cover it on my channel but had no choice. Can't believe people are falling for this.
I need to check the rules of the forum, but it seems to me like your intent is to drum up views to your 鈥楥hannel鈥, by intending to cause controversy.

Why don鈥檛 you pause posting for let鈥檚 say, around 14 days, while I ask the other moderators for their opinion.

Registered
So you don't question why places like publix are offering a 10 dolla gift card if you get a free flu shot? You think that's somehow normal? 馃馃檮
You're what's wrong with America.

2020 Moderating
Name calling and personal attacks are against the written rules of this forum, several posts have been deleted in this thread.

Registered
You hoarders make it worse for EVERYONE !!! F-Tards !!!

Registered
At 57 and hardy, I was among the poo-poo'ers when this news first hit. I've changed my tune. I'm less concerned about myself and more concerned about others. Whether our nation is over-reacting or not, is not the issue. Saving lives will require vigilance and selflessness. The extent of spreading this virus will mostly rest on the young & healthy who will be more selfish and less selfless. This pandemic will thin the herd - OUR herd.

Later in his life, Darwin had somewhat reversed his initial premise when he shifted the emphasis from survival of the fittest to elimination of the weakest.

Ditto here....just talked to several of my older neighbors. Ill spend tomorrow doing there grocery and Pharmacy pickup.

And glad to do it!

Registered
I went to a friend/coworkers house the other day, and he's preparing for the end of the world. He's got 4mil plastic duct-taped on his doors and windows, several 55gal drums of water in his garage, boxes of freeze-dried food, firearms, medical supplies, etc. Oh, and some contraption made from a Shop-Vac that supposedly filters out viruses from the outside so I guess he has fresh air and won't suffocate in his house.
And you're friends with this nut?

Registered
This is an odd thread.

I use these types of nonsense to make sure my normal preps are in order. Living in a hurricane zone - I am guessing this is just like a Hurricane. The Hurricane won't get you - its just wind and water. It will be the other morons flying around with their heads cut off, or the failure of modern infrastructure that will.

So in a hurricane here is where it goes:

1) The gas stations will be out of gas the instant the panic starts. If everyone fills up their tank, your out. It will take days or weeks to catch back up because its self fulfilling - as soon as they run out people start filling up every container they can find as soon as more arrives. Don't even dream of buying a Jerry can - they will be gone to.
2) The grocery stores will get ransacked. Somehow buying bread and milk will save you I guess. I suggest stocking up now if you can afford it. Just your normal stuff, only more of it. Then don't go for as long as you can.

After that in a hurricane you loose power and water. I don't suppose that will happen unless they start ordering people to stay home, etc. Then emergency services. Every politician in town will need to be seen as doing there job so they will be "prioritizing" emergency services, etc. So things that normally work - like ambulance service - stops working. Not because of the hurricane, because of the new "boss".

If your fortunate enough to live alone in the country, you can ignore all this and go back to your life. I grew up there. I hope to return soon - this city thing is way over rated.
All true except the "it's just wind and water"
Two most deadliest things mother nature brings upon us, hard to say "just" when referring to either.

Registered
Lol, yup, total hoax. All of the world governments came together and said let's kill the people who pay our salaries and crash the entire world economy and cause a recession.

Instead of simply calling it a hoax, at least give me an entertaining conspiracy theory, feasible or not.

2020 Moderating
At the request of multiple members, more posts and links have been removed from this thread.

Registered
Discussion Starter #74
We are over 13k cases and will likely experience a national shelter in place soon. I hope you guys have the necessary supplies to remain healthy and safe.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts