Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier
Trim: SV 4x4 w/Value Package
Color: Forged Copper

Mods
Interior: Stock

Exterior: BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover, N-Fab Wheel to Wheel Textured Running Bars

Drive-Train: Stock

Suspension & Tires: PRG Suspension Lift with 2" Front / 1.5" Rear with Bilstein 5125 Shocks

Armor: Stock

Performance: Stock

Gear and Other: Covercraft Custom Sun Shade

In Progress:

I will post photos / reviews as I install parts.

The Beginning: I purchased my truck in December of 2016 at Harbor Nissan in Port Charlotte, FL with 12 miles on it. Below is photo of the new truck, freshly waxed with about 500 miles on it. The look I am going for my truck is a nice, simple, clean look, nothing too extravagant. I got most of my ideas from a Frontier that they had lifted in the show room which had a little mini lift (2"), tires, wheels, and running bars, but they wanted $6000 extra for the accessories. So, I did some homework, priced out everything exactly on the truck how they had it and it came out to $2500(not shocked at all). I am not building the same exact truck, as I am using different suspension parts and accessories.

January 2017: I am halfway through the build now, just need to order my running boards, wheels, and tires. The truck should be completed by Summer of 2017, then I will move my attention to upgrading the audio and maybe doing some smaller modifications. I have not had time to install the lift yet due to full time school, full time work, and traveling, but as soon as I do I will post a photo with a review on the install/ride difference.

February 2017: N Fab textured running bars have been installed, as well as the PRG basic suspension lift, and Bakflip G2 tonneau cover at 2000 miles.

Stock:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover

I received the tonneau cover yesterday and installed.

The Review: It took about 30 minutes to install as I took my time. The pros of the cover are that it is a low-profile cover without really losing any space if you had a regular cover on, the cover seems to be built well, easy installation, you can use your bed extender, and adds security to items that maybe in your bed. The cons of the cover are it is not totally water proof (wasn't expecting it to be) and the price is a little steep.

Photo:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
PRG 2" Fronter / 1.5" Rear w/Bilstein 5125 Shocks

Review: Install was straight forward, the major hang up was the rear bolt to the rear shocks, as it was torqued down pretty well. Nothing a 3' breaker bar couldn't handle. The replacement of the rear shocks on the 4x4 smoothed out the ride as well. The ride quality with the lift installed didn't change much at all. My mpg didn't change at all which was convenient.

Photo (before & after):

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
N-Fab Wheel to Wheel Textured Running Bars

Review: Let me discuss the look at the textured versus the polished bars as I have seen both in person. The textured bars look more durable and a little bit more rugged. The polished bars look good if you don't have to worry about places where they may rust or you're taking it off road. The install for the drivers side went smoothly, the passenger side rear mounting bracket was bent which made it off by 1/4", but I was able to bend the mount back into place with a little persuasion. Overall I like the look of the running boards and I do use them more then I thought I would!

Photo:

·
Registered
762 Posts
That looks really clean. Very occasionally I miss having a relatively unmodified truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks really clean. Very occasionally I miss having a relatively unmodified truck.
Thanks! She's a work in progress. I don't think I have left any vehicle stock that I have owned. Next is the black 18" wheels with A/T tires!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thanks! She's a work in progress. I don't think I have left any vehicle stock that I have owned. Next is the black 18" wheels with A/T tires!
Haha neither have I.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great looking truck! Can't wait to see it after some you get some mud on it!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking truck! Can't wait to see it after some you get some mud on it!
Thanks, not much mud in Florida right now, but once I move up north..... that will be a different story. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts