Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had these tires since February of last year. I figure I have 1/2 tread left, mostly highway miles. The tires are awesome for the money, I only paid $130 per tire mounted and balanced. They are really good in mud, the center cakes a little, but the outside blocks clean really well, a little throttle and the whole tread cleans pretty good. They dig in sand, but that is to be expected with the widely spaced outer treads. I really don't know why more people aren't running this tire, for the price it cannot be beat for an at/mt hybrid. Everyone raves about the DC FC2, but the Cooper has way better outer lugs and is waaayyy cheaper for basically the same tire. From the side they look very similar to the BFG AT, but the outside tread is open, letting mud clear. They are as loud as a quiet MT or a loud AT, and I have not been diligent about rotations.

With that being said, I will probably go with Firestone Destination MT's for my next tire, based on looks and reviews alone. I really don't need a heavy MT, but man they look sweet. If the ST's had side biters I would not hesitate to buy another set.

·
Registered
550 Posts
How about the Cooper STT (M/T)?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The review is for the ST's. I have no experience with the STT's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts