Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Cooper Adventurer A/T

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rodhotter 
#1 ·
With today being Thanksgiving there are a lot tire deals going on. I bought my truck 2 day ago and it has 3 tires from the factory and 1 brand new. I think it's probability best to replace all 4. What do you guys think of these as I can get a set full installed for $460? They also have the H/T for about $40 less. I'm going to basically be driving 30 miles each way for work. During the summer I'll be pulling my boat. https://www.pepboys.com/tires/details/Cooper/Adventurer%2520AT/945297/00871/2013/NISSAN-DATSUN/FRONTIER%2520PICKUP/0/V6-3954%25204.0L%2520DOHC/4WD/3/

#2 ·
I know someone who swore by those tires and had several sets with good results. However, depending on the truck and use (4X2 or 4X4?, 100% on road or some off road?, fire roads or rocks?.....) a different load rating might be a good idea. If you are towing a boat, I would suggest stepping up to a higher load rating.

Also, rather than staying with the stock size of 265/70-16, I would step up one size to 265/75-15 which comes stock on the PRO4X. This size actually corrects the speedometer error common on the SV model as it seems the Frontier was calibrated for the larger size across the platform.

I took a look on the Pep Boys site and saw these - https://www.pepboys.com/tires/details/Cooper/Adventurer%2520AT/1176786/00871

I ran E load rated Hankooks in the 75 size on my Frontier with excellent results. Some will say that the ride is 'harsh' or 'rough' with an E but I found the difference to be minimal. The benefits FAR outweighed any discomfort.... better handling, increased sidewall strength, better puncture resistance, increased off road traction and the ability to air down further while off road. The higher load rating will also be a benefit while towing your boat as the tires while 'squirm' less and help with handling at speed.

Good Luck! That looks like a great deal!

#3 ·
Does the stronger side walls make the tire stiffer then? I live in MN and I can't afford to get normal everyday tires and a set of snow tires so I can't have to stiff of tires. My boat doesn't weigh more then 1500 lbs soaking wet so I'm no afraid of the truck being able to pull it. Then again this is my 1st truck so I can't know much of what it can and can't handle.

#4 ·
The additional tread and sidewall plies will make the tires slightly stiffer. Like I said previously, it is barely noticeable.

You should easily be able to pull a 1500 lb boat with your Frontier.

#5 ·
I just bought a set of Cooper AT3s. So far I am very happy with them. I got standard load so they ride as good or maybe a little better than stock. I can't tell that they are any louder than stock. I stepped up a size from 265/70/16 to 265/75/16. It has a little more rolling resistance now and I can feel the increase in ride height. The handling does not seem to be impacted much.

We recently got snow, and I found out how useless my worn out long trails were. Hopefully these will perform much better.

#6 ·
very pleased with my cooper ATW a legal snow rated all terrain tyre, + going to a 245-75-16 with almost identical load + diameter saved me $$ + 4 lbs of unsprung weight at every corner. ride is good + fairly quiet as its winter + windows are up at highway speeds! drop them in town for our fresh air loving dog!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.