Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey all.. very long time reader, first time poster. north NJ area and I use my fronty dailying for construction and light hauling of the boat or tools.

have been dailying an '08 CC long bed silver fronty for the past five ish years. started at 50k..and just about to eclipse 140.. besides tires and regular fluids, etc I think the most expensive or hardest thing I've had to do yet was buy a battery and replace Ujoints.

I've really taken to this truck, although I miss my fullsized, and really gotten to know it's mechanics like the Ford's and Chevys I own/Ed (worked on)throughout the years.

the other day I pull up to the job site and I'm smoking up front, so I figure that coolant is dropping on the motor and that's where my pungent smell is coming from as well. I've located it to this little cylinder where it has a cap and a coolant hose goes over the top but that cap is loose and it is dripping from there. In the picture the cylinder I am talking about is in the top third of the picture in the middle, right underneath the red wire. You can see the hose clamp holding the hose I referred to above. It looks like it also routes into the firewall and there is a metal three quarter inch line coming from another direction as well. does anybody have the name for this part so I can replace it? Is it easy? Anything else y'all know about this. I can't seem to find anything through my Googling but that's also because of my lack of information and keywords

the formatting may have rotated my pic

Attachments

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes is definitely similar..and ive been searching 'heater hose' stuff as well.ans haven't come across exactly it. I tried to JB the broken part back but it's gets so hot and beads off. there isn't a lot of pressure in the contraption because I can pull it apart/off by hand but while driving it stays on but gets some drippy drips coming out and down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts