Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just thought this was cool and thought i would share. Saw these on a taco forum and wondered why they havent caught on over here. Seems like a great idea espesically incoperated with utilitrack. Maybe somebody with the reasources could get some of these for us. Tell me what you think!

and here's this guy building it
http://www.motormayhem.net/2009/10/10/toyota-tacoma-bed-basket/

· Registered
1,352 Posts
I think thats a great idea. Maybe modify a roof rack? On and off for excursions

· Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Some one on here did something very similar to that but put a tent on it instead of just a basket.

· Registered
509 Posts
Those first two are the Yakima basket, I have one on my roof rack. I'm kinda curious what the cross bars are and how they've got them attached cause my roof squeaks and gets a little annoying sometimes. Of course the the roof rack and sunroof are two of the reasons I wanted a Frontier instead of a Tacoma and I feel I should at least use the rack :laugh: Looks good, although it kinda blocks the rear window with your tire there.

· Registered
54 Posts
that looks pretty cool I would just want to make sure it comes out of the utili-track easily and I would want one a little higher than the bed sides to make storage underneath easier

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Houdini has/had one on his 1st gen. Not sure if he is still running it but it is nice.
There are a couple 1st gens that have done something like this using the Yakima Loadwarrior. They actually used their torsion bars for the risers.

I have not seen anyone do it with a second gen yet, but it would be cool to incorporate into utilitrack. I've thought about mouniting one on top of my undercover tonnau but not sure how it would hold up. something like this:

· Registered
882 Posts
^^Im thinking the same thing. I need a bender to make some bumpers and sliders, so mite as well keep on going with the projects and bend a couple more tubes for a sweet basket.

OP: Great find.

· Premium Member
1,099 Posts

· Registered
2,033 Posts
There are a couple 1st gens that have done something like this using the Yakima Loadwarrior. They actually used their torsion bars for the risers.

Yeah I saw that on NOAS a while back but couldn't remember who it was that did it. I would be interested in seeing what designs you guys come up with.

· Registered
475 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
what do you think you'd be willing to pay for something like this? since getting my frontier a few weeks ago, i've really taken to the utilitrac idea and have been working on several custom mounts for my own use. i don't think this would be much of a stretch. if you have a chance, i'd also be curious to hear how you might use it and what features would be of use and those you'd most important.

also, 14ga 1" square is probably overkill for many and i definitely think a lighter weight half rack would make sense.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.