1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
544 Posts
Turns the backup sonar in the rear bumper off/on...

BTW that SV has what's called the Value Truck Package. It gets you the spray-in bedliner with bed rail system, rear facing sonar with backup camera, fog lights, digital dual climate control, heated seats, tow hitch, auto dimming rearview mirror as well as a few other optional items such as leather wrapped steering wheel & shift knob and vehicle security system...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes same package my 17 SV has. That alarm went off and I about pissed my pants. Put it in reverse when the tailgate was down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Yes same package my 17 SV has. That alarm went off and I about pissed my pants. Put it in reverse when the tailgate was down
At first I wasn't a huge fan...seemed kind of ultra~sensitive when simply backing out of my garage. Yeah, I KNOW the doorframe is nearby.
BUT, when it goes off in a parking lot...it is a godsend. :eek: :thumbsup:

Parking lot action:
Watched two separate SUVs opposite of each other back out simultaneously...and bounce off of each other's rear bumper. Classic no-fault situation from my viewpoint. Sonar might've/could've saved them.

·
Registered
655 Posts
When I haul tree trimmings to the dump I have the tailgate down and utilize the bed extender. If the truck didn't have the turn off button the alarm would sound every time I put the vehicle in reverse. It is a good feature and I am glad Nissan included it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts