Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever been able to get through to Volant's main number for customer service? Whenever I try calling, I get a computerized message saying 'The party you are calling, 909-481-3888 is not accepting new messages as the mailbox is full. Please try again later.'

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sounds like great customer service
Mind you this was after I sent an email to their tech support LAST Wednesday and haven't heard a response -- and after I emailed their customer service address on Monday and haven't heard a response..

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Sounds like great customer service
^That's what I got.. told them the problem; suggested a solution and I recieved the part next afternoon(SoCal -> NorCal= next day.)!

I called the same phone number too.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
OK.. Follow up -- I did finally get through to them and spoke to Danny, who arranged the group buy for thenewx.org. As some of you may have seen, I was unhappy with the performance of my truck following the installation as well as how the horns did not mount in the specified locations, and the fact that the holes had to be elongated on 2 of the 3 horns. Danny was very helpful, and said it could be returned, not a problem.

Oddly though, even though he said the return wasnt a problem, he disputed everything I told him about the install.. The horn bracket doesnt mount to the holes provided because the headlight harness is in the way (he said thats not true, the tech department verified that it fits in a 2010)... I asked him if it was a problem that I elongated two of the three holes because they did not line up (he said thats not possible, they verified fit on a 2010, and the holes should always line up).. Told him I personally didn't care for the drone at idle (he said there shouldn't be a drone)

Rick

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sounds like "Danny" needs to take a little stroll through the threads on this forums that pertain to the CAI and see how many people have had to elongate, cut, drill, relocate, and re-surface just to get their product to fit...not to mention the POS instructions that come with the part that might as well be written in hieroglyphics. I am thankful for forums like these that help me to stay away from products that some companies crank out at such a fast pace with no regards to quality.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I hate their customer service. I emailed and called numerous times trying to buy 3 replacement bolts for the cover. Fianlly just went to ACE and got the bolts there. I love the product... but poor customer service is no way to go

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I hate their customer service. I emailed and called numerous times trying to buy 3 replacement bolts for the cover. Fianlly just went to ACE and got the bolts there. I love the product... but poor customer service is no way to go
Screw all that, take a bolt to your local ACE hardware, 9 out of 10 times they can match it. crome, stainless, brass, metric, standard, check out ACE

·
Registered
219 Posts
You didn't finish reading my whole post did you? Or you were just reiterating the fact that ACE is the way to go?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Installed a Volant CAI on a friends truck today. We both ordered from the xterra forum group buy. His truck is a 2010 Pro4x CC and mine is a Pro4x KC.

Install took around 30 mins. Horns mounted on the predrilled holes. Unplugged battery for a bit and then started the car. Sounds just like stock untill you rev up to around 3k rpm, then the sound is a bit throatier.

Kind of bummed it didnt have the ram air intake the prior model had.

We compared my stock truck and his with the CAI side by side for sound.

Now just waiting for mine to arrive. He got his in a day earlier and it arrived like 4 days ago. Both shipped to Long Island.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He got his in a day earlier and it arrived like 4 days ago. Both shipped to Long Island.
I'm on LI too -- I would have sold you mine for $175, but I just shipped it back this afternoon. Return shipping on the thing was a lot of money (UPS uses dimensional pricing for it even though the whole package only weighs 12 lbs)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am hoping I dont have the same issues. Have one of their CAIs on my Jeep... took alot of work to get it to fit. But it was the only CAI that you could mount a snorkle on at the time.

Still trying to figure out why they removed the ram air intake and didnt cap up the area. My friends had a large hole in it at that area. We capped the hole with a large plug from Lowes.

Was just hard to pass up the CAI at 200ish shipped. I noticed a big difference on my Jeep once it was installed.... though I am hearing Frontiers dont show much of an improvement with most mods.

Oh and both of us have Cortex tuned trucks. Not sure if that would make a difference on function with a CAI.

Still waiting for Volant to arrive. Also ordered one of the Lazer Lite tonneau covers. Now to just find a billet grille that fits the 2010s and get a set of sliders and I will be done... for now.

Btw what part of Long Island? Up in the Stony Brook area here... transplant from Cali.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you must have some superhuman ears dude, there is no difference at idle.
Just because you don't hear or feel any difference does not mean I didn't experience something different.. As I said, the truck is brand new -- maybe on a truck that has a few years and/or miles on mine would not notice a difference.. Mine did.. Not so much my ears hearing the difference in the engine per se as me hearing the things in my truck vibrating.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just because you don't hear or feel any difference does not mean I didn't experience something different.. As I said, the truck is brand new -- maybe on a truck that has a few years and/or miles on mine would not notice a difference.. Mine did.. Not so much my ears hearing the difference in the engine per se as me hearing the things in my truck vibrating.
shouldnt vibrate either, unless you did something wrong. I dont know why someone so concerned with mpg would get a CAI anyways.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
shouldnt vibrate either, unless you did something wrong. I dont know why someone so concerned with mpg would get a CAI anyways.
There's not much you can do wrong with the install, short of messing up the mounting of the MAF sensor. As far as mileage goes -- because of all the threads I've read regarding the Volant and other CAIs, most people reported a slight increase in mileage.. Seriously guy, let it go.. I just didn't like it. Go out and enjoy yours.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts