Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
gave it a better than average overall reliability rating, same with Xterra.

I had an old one laying around here, 07 I think, and it gave the Frontier only an average rating.

Felt that was good news and thought I would pass it along.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ Hmm... Not sure. The older guide I have around here somewhere I remember included 05' and older (mainly 1st gens). I think it goes back 5 years if I remember correctly. The new one must have included 04' thru 09' (mainly 2nd gens) . It was at the store and I just thumbed through it while waiting.

I also looked at Toyota and noted the Tundra only got an average rating. I think there 2nd gen had a lot of issues when they came out. Taco's were still better than average, same as Frontier.

·
Registered
936 Posts
^^ Hmm... Not sure. The older guide I have around here somewhere I remember included 05' and older (mainly 1st gens). I think it goes back 5 years if I remember correctly. The new one must have included 04' thru 09' (mainly 2nd gens) . It was at the store and I just thumbed through it while waiting.

I also looked at Toyota and noted the Tundra only got an average rating. I think there 2nd gen had a lot of issues when they came out. Taco's were still better than average, same as Frontier.
I think the new survey was for 2nd gens only as it took the years 2007 thru 2010. I also think it was basing the performance rating on primarily the V6 and 4WD models in those model years. I don't think there were enough responses from non-4WD owners(4 cylinder and V6 but 2wd only) of Frontiers for those model years to make a separate assessment for them. However, one would assume that with less mechanical components and with less weight that these models would fair just as good if not better. My opinion only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.