Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody attempt to remove the new grab handles yet on the console ?
There really making my knee and leg hurt. just do want them there.
Not sure why there even there.
Thanks !

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any luck removing them? I won’t buy one because of them. WTF were the engineers thinking?
Nope ! I had my AutoToys Guy take it apart. and he says its a metal piece that wraps around in there
and it would look destroyed if removed. if you can remove it . sigh I HATE THEM !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The console grab handles are the one thing that I hate about the 3rd Gen. I had decided not to buy one because of them, but I may end up buying one anyway and seeing what I can do.

Hey Nissan, if you are reading this, ditch the grab handles in 2023!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody attempt to remove the new grab handles yet on the console ?
There really making my knee and leg hurt. just do want them there.
Not sure why there even there.
Thanks !
So I have this same issue. Im a salesmen and use my truck for work. I just graduated from a Kia Sorento dont laugh its affordable. But this is my first truck and I love it. I hate these goddamn grab handles too. Friend of mine got these screen shots for me. It looks like theres a clip in there and a way to pull these off. I will attempt to rip them apart once the weather gets back above 20 degrees here haha.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I have this same issue. Im a salesmen and use my truck for work. I just graduated from a Kia Sorento dont laugh its affordable. But this is my first truck and I love it. I hate these goddamn grab handles too. Friend of mine got these screen shots for me. It looks like theres a clip in there and a way to pull these off. I will attempt to rip them apart once the weather gets back above 20 degrees here haha.
Well, Interesting. thanks for the pics, If you get in there take lots of pics. like I said my auto toys guys says no way. YOU prove him wrong LOL ..

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It sounds like the truck isn't a good fit for you. The handles don't even come close to touching my legs, but I'm only about 6'0" tall.
Huh? I am on my third frontier now. Love them all, the 3rd gen is the best so far.. and its a truck for me :) they just didn't think this new part out very well . there is also no need for it to be there.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier S Crew Cab
82 Posts
Huh? I am on my third frontier now. Love them all, the 3rd gen is the best so far.. and its a truck for me :) they just didn't think this new part out very well . there is also no need for it to be there.
I figured you must be a really tall or big person for the handles to touch your legs. Maybe not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any luck yet removing them? I want to remove them so I can run some wire easier...BUT I plan on putting them back but want to make sure they go back on without being loose or messed up. Will the center plastic area that includes the gear shift and cup holder come out too? If so, how? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any luck yet removing them? I want to remove them so I can run some wire easier...BUT I plan on putting them back but want to make sure they go back on without being loose or messed up. Will the center plastic area that includes the gear shift and cup holder come out too? If so, how? Thanks.
The average temp round here the last 3 days is about 9 degrees. I havent been outside much haha. But im gonna be doin some work over the weekend, so ill see if i can get them off then

·
Registered
4 Posts
The average temp round here the last 3 days is about 9 degrees. I havent been outside much haha. But im gonna be doin some work over the weekend, so ill see if i can get them off then
Yanno, I kept messing around with my wiring, and it turns out, the wires can go OVER those handles, and towards the back side of them while the other end of the wire is on the inner side of the handle... it literally slides right over the top of them and ends up keeping the outer part of the wire concealed (I have the glove box unit taken off). So the grab handles don't need to come off after all. I'm installing some interior lighting (The Govee LED lights that are pretty popular) and I was able to put the controller in center area in front of the gear shifter, upside down with the wires going in that back crevice. I attach the front lights, then run the rear lights behind the center console siding, so you literally don't see any wires anywhere for this install. I also installed a dash cam and achieved the same clean look - no wires as I ran the wire tucked inside the header then inside the A-pillar and down the right side to the fuse panel which is located to the right of the glove box. I'm making a video and will post in the upcoming days. Man, it's sharp I tell ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts