Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Also considering a 2016 SV

Went to the local Nissan dealership today to look at a used Colorado. They sold it just before we got there, just my luck. We ended up looking at the new SVs and ultimately made a deal. They didn't have the short bed on the lot, so it will be a couple days before we actually sign papers. It'll be a gunmetal crew cab 4x4 with the value truck package, or whatever its called.

I'm trading in my 2011 Mustang GT/CS that I had modded quite a bit, including a full color change vinyl wrap. I love that car and am losing my butt...but we had a baby and the car just collects dust in the garage.

Anyway, just checking out the forum. Assuming this deal goes through, I'll be looking for ways to spice up the Frontier a bit, in stock form it is less than exciting. I don't intend to go anywhere near as far as I did with the Mustang, but perhaps a small lift and a couple minor cosmetic tweaks here and there.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Welcome to the club! I'm sure several of us on here initially didn't intend to do much to our rigs but eventually we do more than we planned thanks to this wonderful forum, lol.

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Congrats! I consider many of the VTP items to be necessary these days. The backup camera/sonar have both come in extra handy even though I don't tow. Blows my mind whenever some shopper/pedestrian walks behind my truck when I'm in reverse, thus sounding the alarm. VERY challenging to always see folks with a bedshell installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forums are always good at increasing budgets and decreasing bank accounts! On the bright side, most mods for this truck seem to be very conservatively priced compared to a lot of the Mustang stuff. I easily have enough Mustang leftovers that weren't installed to pay for a small lift.

I really didn't intend on any extra packages, but like you said, the VTP was really necessary and if you dissect it, it was really a good deal for the $1700 (or $1900?) that it cost.

I'm honestly having quite a bit of trouble getting excited about this trade, it's truly for practicality. "My" car, the current Mustang or the new truck, isn't a daily driver so it sees very few miles. I do some woodworking as a hobby and hauling lumber and the occasional sheet goods is a pain with just the Mustang and my wife's SUV. My wife, baby and I can't all fit in the Mustang together, and the Mustang is lowered so much that if I have a flat tire away from home the car will have to be towed. The Mustang doesn't get driven in the rain and would be a death trap in the ice or snow. This truck will solve all of these problems...I just have to add some attitude to it, because as it sits, it doesn't have much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts