Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just installed my new Pioneer double din, did a test with front speaker left side and it worked fine, now when finished wiring the remaining speakers I have no sound, dont know if I followed the wiring diagram correctly, one more thing is that there's a pink wire that I didnt know were it was for and left it alone , any Ideas, by the way I used the 2006 cc wire shematic that I copied from the repair manual, is there a color diagram I can check to see if I wired the speakers correctly??

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
do you have a multimeter?

check the wires that the schematic says are speaker and see what the resistance is (ohms). if you get something other then 3-4ohms then they are probably not speaker wires. I'm guessing you cut off the factory harness? cause spending the 15-20 bucks for the plug in adapter is so worth it

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have a multimeter?

check the wires that the schematic says are speaker and see what the resistance is (ohms). if you get something other then 3-4ohms then they are probably not speaker wires. I'm guessing you cut off the factory harness? cause spending the 15-20 bucks for the plug in adapter is so worth it
Thank's rasworld for the advise, yes I did cut the harness cause I dint find one and I was in a rush to install the radio, the radio is working fine now besides I started at nite so the wire colors were very difficult to distinguish.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
if you were in a rush the correct harness would have made it a lot faster than cutting the factory connector off. do you not have a walmart close by? they have them in stock usually in the automotive section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts