Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was leaving for work today and lo and behold there was a new Tundra with a license plate that read VQ40DE..........someone must be a little confused

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
:laugh: That's RICH!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
So I was leaving for work today and lo and behold there was a new Tundra with a license plate that read VQ40DE..........someone must be a little confused
Maybe it was their last truck and have not received or applied for new plates?

·
Registered
256 Posts
AFAIK you can't carry over plates from you're previous vehicle to you're new one. You get a new car, you get new plates unless you pay to transfer your vanity plates.

On an unrelated note, 2006SEV6, I was born in Niceville raised in De Funiak/Ft. Walton :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
AFAIK you can't carry over plates from you're previous vehicle to you're new one. You get a new car, you get new plates unless you pay to transfer your vanity plates.
You can in Pennsylvania, truck to truck or car to car you can carry them over unless something changed recently.
Not truck to car or car to truck.
In Pa the truck plates say (surprisingly enough) "TRUCK" on them.
Another little tidbit is that truck plates (again here in PA) cost more to register than a car, the larger the hauling capacity the more the plate costs basically.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

On an unrelated note, 2006SEV6, I was born in Niceville raised in De Funiak/Ft. Walton :thumbsup:
I've only been here a couple years but a very nice area during tourist season:heysexy: Why the move to cali?

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can in Pennsylvania, truck to truck or car to car you can carry them over unless something changed recently.
Not truck to car or car to truck.
In Pa the truck plates say (surprisingly enough) "TRUCK" on them.
Another little tidbit is that truck plates (again here in PA) cost more to register than a car, the larger the hauling capacity the more the plate costs basically.
Missouri is exactly the same. Doesn't matter if its new or used as long as its the same type (type=truck or car) and they haven't revised the plate, it can be transferred regardless of whether or not its a vanity plate. Not sure on the rules in Florida though. Maybe one of the FL guys will speak up on this.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You can carry over plates here in NC here. Just depends on state laws.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I have the same plates. The dealers try to make you change them so they can charge you.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've only been here a couple years but a very nice area during tourist season:heysexy: Why the move to cali?
When I lived in FL that part of the woods was literally nothing but miles of interstate tunneling through a corridor of pine trees. DeFuniak was nothing but a podunk hillbilly town at the intersection of the 90 and 331. You had to drive an hour to see a freeway. The biggest thing that happened in town back then was when the Super Walmart opened, "OH MAH GAWD Therrs a Mcdonalds IN tha stowre, I aint never seen a buildn that big".

I came to Cali becasue my family is originally from out here. Got tired of little town farm living and moved to the big city :D

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
VA you can keep your plates and put them on anything other than a comm truck or a motorcycle. car to car, car to truck, truck to truck, truck to car. VADMV doesnt care.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Maybe its what he wishes he had! Ya know how some people get tattoes of stuff they wish they were or wish they had, Thats what he did on his plate! LOL!
In that case im getting a tat of a grilled cheese sandwich because honestly i wish i had one right now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The more I think about it there was a 2 gen crew cab that worked at the same place that had that tag on it.........it was a stick too

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
The more I think about it there was a 2 gen crew cab that worked at the same place that had that tag on it.........it was a stick too
Ok im going to need pics haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts