·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Looks good! Sorry can’t help with marks left behind, I usually use a little wd40 on things like that.. does wonders but possibly a mild buffing compound. Someone with more detailing experience will chime in sooner or later.
How does the window do when it gets to the visor.. any hanging or slowing..power wise?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I have used Maguires ScratchX 2.0 on paint rubs etc and it worked pretty good without messing up the paint.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Works good with the visors in the channel. At first I had to coax it, but it trained itself lol
Good to know, those are the ones I want. My son had them on his HHR with no problems but some “not on here” have said it’s hard on the window motor.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had great success repairing paint scratches following a youtuber (ChrixFix) process. Clean area, sand perpendicular to scratch, rub, etc with 3000 grit, clean area again, move to 5000 grit and feather larger area to blend, clean again, use fine scratch remover, clean, then healthy coat of paste wax. The process might work.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree with DJenks.. a little light wet sanding with some compound and then a wax over should easily get the job done and get rid of those swirl marks too. Just gotta give it some elbow grease.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ive taken out some nasty gashes with this process.
You’re right. I should have edited my post to say that the process I’ve described is for more extreme conditions where compound alone and wax won’t get the job done. You’re method will work 99.9% of the time.

My bad

·
Registered
36 Posts
You’re right. I should have edited my post to say that the process I’ve described is for more extreme conditions where compound alone and wax won’t get the job done. You’re method will work 99.9% of the time.

My bad
Sorry, i didnt take it like that. I was just trying to be clear that I've actually used this process and not just regurgitating a google search.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bigger, deep scratches...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts