Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the difference between the 1st and 2nd gen KA24DEs are, and are they easily compatible? I have a 98 4x4, and am looking for a replacement motor, but am finding mostly newer ones. Can I, say, drop a 2004 KA24DE in it without much modification?

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Gen 2s have a 2.5 as opposed to the 2.4 in Gen 1s. There are likely more differences as well.

I may very well not be answering your question?!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's also entirely possible that i'm mistaken about what defines gen1 and gen2. All I know is that when looking for a KA24DE for a frontier, I come up with far more that are from the '00-'04 range than whatever year range covers the 98s. I'd like to get a newer motor if possible, but am just not sure if there is a difference or not.

I'd definitely like to stick with a motor that will simply bolt in. I have respect for Nissan engineering, and would like to stick with what they decided was good for the truck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ka24de in any year frontier are the same. Ka24de in s14 and altima are different. So, just as long as the engine is from a frontier, it will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts