Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 543 Posts

·
Webwheeler Extraordinaire
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is for listing common problems Frontiers experience and their solutions. I will try to update this post to list the problems and link to the solution post or thread. This thread is not for chit-chat or rare problems. This is for common problems and their solutions. Thanks.

Is your Tire Pressure Monitoring System light on and you don't know why? Check out our TPMS Problem thread.
TPMS problems

Is your 05 Frontier or Xterra's brakes squeeking? Check out the Technical Service Bulletin to see if your truck is covered.
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/brake-tsb-ntb06-037c-23244/

Does the passenger front seat move when you are driving? Check out the Technical Service Bulletin to see if your truck is covered
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f8/passenger-seat-rattle-sb-ntb05-092-relative-2007s-27248/

·
Registered
5,340 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Squeeking belt due to belt tensioner

·
Registered
109 Posts
07 CrewCab:
Wiggley front passenger seat
Rod clatter when first started, cold or hot, untill the oil pressure comes up
Steering wheel Airbag Clock Spring creaks
Rear brake moan when backing up

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you been able to fix the "wiggley seat" issue you have? Your description is the closest to what I'm experiencing with my '09 CC. Whenever I come to a stop it seems like the car (maybe the seat) has to kinda shift a little forward creating a harder, shifting feeling backwards whenever I accelerate from a dead stop. The best way to describe it is that its like feeling you have something failry heavy in the bed that rolls to the front and to the back with every slightly hard to hard stop. I'm not a car expert by any means but I typically have some general idea what's going on, but not on this one. Can you OR ANYONE help clue me in to what the problem is and how to fix it? I've only had the car for 700 miles and its already driving me crazy. I'd like to have an idea before taking it into the dealership (if they'd even fix it). Thanks!

·
Webwheeler Extraordinaire
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While the TSB doesn't address the 09's, take a look at it and see what Nissan is doing to fix the issue. Then see if you can either convince your dealership to do something similar or do it yourself.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
How about rear difs. I know mine was replaced right when I bought mine.and when I serch it on here I found tones of threads about it.
And my trany went out too. I know thats not nearly as common and most owners have a trouble free trany, but it does happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
-Rod clatter or timing chain wrap on start up after sitting for a bit.
-Squeaking belt after a hint of humidity or precipitation(only 39k, I refuse to change it)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Squeeky squeelling noise when making a left turn without breaking. Seems to start part way through the turn. Cant tell where excactly it comes from. Help please?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here's my submission after 500 or so miles on my new truck:

1. Startup timing chain, waiting for oil pressure to build up, annoying, unnerving cold metal-on-metal slap for about 1-2 seconds. Quick turn of the key without actually starting, and then starting for good seems to solve this problem, but is an UNSATISFACTORY solution for what is clearly an engineering problem that Nissan has failed to address for years. My 2000 3.3 Desert Runner did EXACTLY THE SAME THING. NISSAN - LISTEN UP! I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER NISSAN PRODUCT IF THIS IS WHAT I CAN EXPECT.

2. Slight knock when coming to a stop or taking off. Sounds like someone thumping their finger on a peice of plastic. Cleaned out the glove box, storage bins, and floor-mats. Removed EVERYTHING LOOSE in the truck. Clearly a suspension noise, and not "GAS Slap" - happens when tank is empty or full. Sounds almost like the torque of stopping or taking off causes the drive train to shift backward or forward in the chassis. Not a really loud sound, but loud enough to know it's there. There are a lot of folks saying that this is a problem. It's not the plastic fender wells or anything underneath as far as I can tell.

1 - 20 of 543 Posts