Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
100k. I know I can wait until 105K for the maintenance, but I have my money for it all now, and might not have it by the time I get to 105K.

The only maintenance I've done on the truck is routine oil and filter changes. Shocks have been replaced.

I know I want all my fluids flushed and replaced, but what else should I be looking at getting changed? I figure spark plugs and new wheel bearings (I already have the replacement set). Manual trannys have timing belts as well correct? (pardon for the basic stupid questions)

I'd appreciate any feedback, because I'm having this done by someone else. So, I want to be able to tell them specifically what I want done instead of them suggesting additional things.
:)

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
If you can do an oil change, you can do most of the fluids yourself. You can do the oil, trans, diffs (f and r), Tcase.

You can have the PS system flushed but that is up to you. You could just do the turkey baster trick.

You should have the brake fluid flushed since it gets trashed over time.

You should probably do the plugs, wires and if you have a cap/rotor, do that too.

The timing belt is a must and if you are paying someone for it, have them do the plugs at the same time. You can do the wires yourself if they want to charge you an arm and a leg.

The wheel bearings are not a must but if you already have the kit, it wouldn't be a bad thing but it may just be easier to wait till you have to do the brakes if it is any time soon, (the flush can wait too if you are not doing the brakes yourself).

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I had the time and space to do all this myself, but I live in an apt. complex and this is my daily driver. I don't really have the time to get it done before needing to use it again. I'm not that proficient. ;)

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
do it now, its not going to hurt anything, but if you skip on it and something goes wrong, you are going to be hating life.

just to give you something to look forward to- when nissan did my plugs, wires, belts, timing, flushes, and water pump around 98k miles, the truck ran incredibly smoother, and my mpg increased noticeably, even with all the mods. cost me around $1300 if i remember correctly, but it was almost two years ago so its a little hazy.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks man, that was the info I was looking for :)

Do you remember if you asked them to change to synthetic fluids? Or can they even offer that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts