Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the sticky through and it just mentions that it isnt a good idea to combine lift kits to get more lift.

I know that all dogs offroad offers a longer coil to get 2 inches or so in the front. What would happen if I combine this with a 1 inch spacer for a total of 3 inches? 3 inches front, 1.5-2 rear is what i'm going for. Essentially level with a 2 inch lift.

Truck is a 17 SV crew cab with stock wheels/tires on it. Bigger/more aggressive tires to come when these wear out. Mostly used for daily driving, towing a 3000lb 17' camper, very light driving on dirt roads for campground access.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Many components can be combined in different combinations to achieve the lift you are trying to achieve, but my advice before you try to achieve 3” of lift would be to use a floor jack and lift the truck in the front until you get the fender 3” higher. Then look at how much clearance there is between the upper control arm and the coil bucket. If you are using stock upper control arms, there will be very little space left for down travel, and you will feel the contact the arm makes with the bucket everywhere you drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many components can be combined in different combinations to achieve the lift you are trying to achieve, but my advice before you try to achieve 3” of lift would be to use a floor jack and lift the truck in the front until you get the fender 3” higher. Then look at how much clearance there is between the upper control arm and the coil bucket. If you are using stock upper control arms, there will be very little space left for down travel, and you will feel the contact the arm makes with the bucket everywhere you drive.
I know about the coil bucket clearance issue. Because of the way the all dogs springs were touted as 'the right way to lift a truck compared to a spacer lift' I was under the impression that they didn't affect the angle of the control arms. It sounds like that assumption is wrong.

I was also looking at the Supreme Suspension 2.5 inch spacer, 1.5" shackle, with bump stops kit on eBay. Are these kits of decent quality? Here is a link... 2.5" Front 1.5" Rear Lift Kit w/ UCA Bump Stops for Nissan 05-20 Frontier Xterra | eBay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts