Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went a bit crazy with the rattle cans. I painted the chrome part of the grille and trim on the tailgate with Duplicolor perfect match. I also painted the grille mesh, both bumpers plastic inserts, mud guards, and wiper cowl black. The skid plate is silver now. I reinstalled the tailgate spoiler too. I plan on painting more when I have more time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm in the process of color matching mine as well, can't figure why Nissan doesn't? I had all the parts on my Armonster matched, roof rack, engine cover, running boards, cowl, mirrors, even the wiper blades, made quite a difference. Just got my painting bud to do the roof rack, grill, tailgate bib, and a few other parts right after the holiday so I'll be pulling parts off next week.

·
Registered
675 Posts
GOT PICS???

:awesome:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Does this hold up over time?

I'd really like to get rid of the chrome on my grill and... well... all of the chrome
on my truck. But I don't want to have it flaking off after a few months and have
to keep redoing it.
I talked to my Rhino Liner guy about spraying my rear bumper and the plastic
cowl on top of my tailgate. He said that you can't spray plastic at all, and the
chrome bumper would have to be sand blasted before it could be sprayed.

Anyone have any long term experience with spray painting chrome and
plastic with current products?

·
Registered
176 Posts
All the plastic parts on my Armada held up for well over 100,000 miles, just sold it for the Frontier at 200K. Looked as good as the rest of the factory paint, but then I'm a detail fanatic, so it was polished & waxed regularly.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I was hesitant to paint over chrome. The grille I painted was aftermarket and pitted. I sanded, primed, and painted. I should have used adhesion promoter first. I used adhesion promoter on all the rest. I wouldn't dare paint over a chrome bumper. Better off finding one not chromed.

More pictures.

·
Admin
3,285 Posts
Might be the first time I've seen a paint matched tailgate on here. I think it looks really good!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not seen one painted either. I asked if anyone had painted the handle on facebook frontier/navara page and got no responses.

The color matched trim usually makes the vehicle look more sporty. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. It's a nice departure from all the dipped stuff these days.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have not seen one painted either. I asked if anyone had painted the handle on facebook frontier/navara page and got no responses.

The color matched trim usually makes the vehicle look more sporty. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. It's a nice departure from all the dipped stuff these days.
That looks good!

Mine's faded and I've been planning on re-painting it with black bumper paint, now I just might have to see if I can find Desert Stone in the Dupli Color match paint.::grin::

·
Registered
176 Posts
That looks good!

Mine's faded and I've been planning on re-painting it with black bumper paint, now I just might have to see if I can find Desert Stone in the Dupli Color match paint.::grin::
If you can't find the dupicolor, try automotivetouchup.com, they can match any color!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts