Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SES light has been off for a few days now. I did go to autozone and pulled the code-
2005 Nissan Frontier SE 4x4

P0430

Catalyst system efficiency below threshold - bank 2
Probable cause:

1. Large Vacuum Leak
2. Fuel System Fault
3. Ignition system fault
4. Failed bank 2 catalytic converter

What do you make of this?

Please advise...
If I decide to replace both o2 sensor's, should I just purchase them directly from Nissan?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
It is most likely the first cat (closest to the motor) on the driver side. It's a fairly common issue(not on here, but the dealer told me they have done quite a few). If you have under 80,000 miles, call your dealer, they are warrantied for that long, or 8 years.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree w/RedAlert 110%. I have an 05 NISMO, had the same SES code, chged the driver's side primary cat, runs great now, no SES. I get most of my parts from Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com, they sell Genuine Nissan parts a lot cheaper that the dealer but depending on the part you also have to consider the shipping cost, gooo luck.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
My truck and my brother-in-law's truck, Chevrolet Colorado, were both throwing this code and nether one of our cats need to be changed. Fuel treatments, air filter, spark plugs, clean throttle body, and clean intake. No more check engine lights.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
My truck and my brother-in-law's truck, Chevrolet Colorado, were both throwing this code and nether one of our cats need to be changed. Fuel treatments, air filter, spark plugs, clean throttle body, and clean intake. No more check engine lights.
You're comparing apples to oranges.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
ORLY?! But I do agree with taking a simple approach to a problem. But its hit or miss and could also be a temporary fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts