Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry little more info. I do also believe i still have a exshaust leak. I patched the 2 holes i could see but i think the converter may have a hole too cause it still sounds like theres a leak. Also have code P0302 cylinder 2 misfire. I changed the spark plugs wires and cap. When i changed them out there was oil on the spark plug and it was pretty burnt. I cleared the code but it seems like its back

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
Create a brief signature w/ your truck's vitals IE year, trim level, engine, trans, drivetrain, etc...
This will assist those who wish to assist you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Will do, how do i do that lol
Hey with my 04 I bought a month ago, 114 k miles, I just got that code the other night. Was going to take it to a shop to let them diagnose the tick tick tick exhaust sound and rather it's the EGR and/or the exhaust manifold. Did you figure out yours?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Getting code P0402
EGR "A" Flow Excessive Detected any ideas pls help
I believe I had / have that on my '00 4 banger.... 1st time I fixed it, it was a little piece of hose/tubing that had a hole in it under the throttle body connected to the EGR valve.
A pain in the *** to literally replace a .50 cent piece of tubing. It came back again.... has no effect on the performance of the truck, so I've left it (50K later...). But I guess if you have to pass emissions inspections, you need to fix it

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe I had / have that on my '00 4 banger.... 1st time I fixed it, it was a little piece of hose/tubing that had a hole in it under the throttle body connected to the EGR valve.
A pain in the *** to literally replace a .50 cent piece of tubing. It came back again.... has no effect on the performance of the truck, so I've left it (50K later...). But I guess if you have to pass emissions inspections, you need to fix it
upon diagnosing a cylinder 1 misfire issue upon buying my 04 4 cyl a month ago, I replaced a few hoses down in that area. It's amazing how those super smart guys designed things so cramped up and hard to get to on that truck. My P0402 just came on a few days ago and I will look back over those hoses to see if there's anything I see there with the hoses. Since I bought the truck it has had that tick tick exhaust leak sound and I'm pretty sure it's the exhaust manifold. I plan on taking it to a shop for them to specifically diagnose that code if I don't find any hose leaks or anything near the EGR.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I continually suggest to buy this $7 bottle at AutoZone and no one wants to at least try it. This solved all my code issues. Wait for low fuel warning light turns on then insert fuel treatment then fill with gas.

All I can do is suggest. (Your results may vary)

Read the reviews:

Liqui Moly 2007 Jectron Gasoline Fuel Injection Cleaner - 300 ml

·
Registered
192 Posts
370K?!?! That's awesome !

What repairs (major) if any have you had to do during that time frame?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I continually suggest to buy this $7 bottle at AutoZone and no one wants to at least try it. This solved all my code issues. Wait for low fuel warning light turns on then insert fuel treatment then fill with gas.

All I can do is suggest. (Your results may vary)

Read the reviews:
https://www.amazon.com/Liqui-Moly-2007-Gasoline-Injection/dp/B00CPL8PSG

Liqui Moly 2007 Jectron Gasoline Fuel Injection Cleaner - 300 ml
Go I believe I recall talking to you here on another thread. I'm going to put that on my list to try out. Now in the case of my Exhaust gas recirculation flow excessive detected I don't think that's going to fix that issue lol. Have you had that code and then the liquid moly clear it up? I do hear that tick tick tick like an actual exhaust leak and if there is a leak I'd definitely want to fix it. What's your thoughts?

·
Registered
478 Posts
370K?!?! That's awesome !

What repairs (major) if any have you had to do during that time frame?
Nothing major. It still has original engine and transmission.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Go I believe I recall talking to you here on another thread. I'm going to put that on my list to try out. Now in the case of my Exhaust gas recirculation flow excessive detected I don't think that's going to fix that issue lol. Have you had that code and then the liquid moly clear it up? I do hear that tick tick tick like an actual exhaust leak and if there is a leak I'd definitely want to fix it. What's your thoughts?
Sorry, I am not sure of the exhaust leak. I checked pictures on my phone. I did not have the 0402 code.

Here are the codes Liquid Molly 2007 Fuel Injector Cleaner resolved for my truck.

P0325: Knock Sensor 1 .........

P0306: Cylinder 6 MisFire

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have had this code for years, got it off once for a few months, no longer care, lol. Just runnin da truck till it dies. Only problem figure the truck is gona out last me.::grin::
if it wasn't for the tick tick tick noise ( exhaust leak tone) I'd probably not worry about it but it's kinda annoying. So I'll spend the $45 bucks for them to tell me rather it's the EGR or manifold or both. Could be the Cat upront at the manifold too so I'd rather have them diagnose it than to buy all 3 lol. Hopefully it's something loose that can be tightened up lol. I did look under the other day and didn't see anything obvious and shook a few things also.

Sorry, I am not sure of the exhaust leak. I checked pictures on my phone. I did not have the 0402 code.

Here are the codes Liquid Molly 2007 Fuel Injector Cleaner resolved for my truck.

P0325: Knock Sensor 1 .........

P0306: Cylinder 6 MisFire
I'll definitely make a note to try it should i get anymore misfire stuff. I'll try that first

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just looked down a 1143 code, my problem seemed to be ground related, and was fixed. I will be replacing al of the ground straps, as a lot of Frontier codes seem to be ground problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts