Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... no check engine light, but im throwing code p1550. My ABS light is on tho. its Prob forr that, but just making sure. I tried searching, but no luck. thanks!

·
Registered
925 Posts
P1550 is: Battery Current Sensor.
The sensor measures the charging/discharging current of the battery. It is on the ground side of the battery, near the battery. You'll notice the ground cable going through it.

On topic, I just installed my grounding kit on my truck but I was wondering if they would effect the way this functions if I were to add them directly to the battery since this sensor is to measure all of the current going to the battery. When I did my wires, I only added two wires from the motor to the strut towers.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P1550 is: Battery Current Sensor.
The sensor measures the charging/discharging current of the battery. It is on the ground side of the battery, near the battery. You'll notice the ground cable going through it.

On topic, I just installed my grounding kit on my truck but I was wondering if they would effect the way this functions if I were to add them directly to the battery since this sensor is to measure all of the current going to the battery. When I did my wires, I only added two wires from the motor to the strut towers.
NO WONDER!!! My truck has been idling weird. Thanks man. ya, did a 6 wire one, and 2 connect to the neg. power. Im gonna take those off now... Im just gonna use 2. Throttle body to fender well, and block to fender well.

Where did you find that man?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts