Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this doesn't count as spamming posting these two so close together. Anyways, I've got an 07 with ~140000 miles on it with the v6 and 6 speed manual. I bought it used with no previous maintenance history so I don't know if the clutch has ever been changed or what kind of shape it's in.

However, while the clutch seems to behave itself (doesn't feel like it's slipping) if I slip the clutch for an extended period of time (I mean extended, it doesn't do it with everyday driving), while I'm accelerating from a stop for example, it'll start whining until I let it out all the way. I've also had it happen when I jumped from reverse to 1st without coming to a stop and slipped it for a bit until the truck was rolling forward (I know, I know bad for the clutch but we all do it from time to time).

·
Registered
485 Posts
A whining noise when you depress the clutch usually indicates a bad clutch release bearing (also called a throwout bearing). The bearing is fairly inexpensive but the bad news is you need to pull the transmission to get it in.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
A whining noise when you depress the clutch usually indicates a bad clutch release bearing (also called a throwout bearing). The bearing is fairly inexpensive but the bad news is you need to pull the transmission to get it in.
...not a bad time to replace the clutch/etc if going to this amount of trouble/investment. Due to our 'un-resurfaceable' OEM dual mass flywheel, this would/should also need to be replaced if committing to this endeavor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts