Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and have a new-to-me 07 Frontier SE Crew Cab 4x4 with the 6 speed manual. I did a search on this and didn't find anything so thought I would ask.

On the older Nissan's, all of them with manual transmissions had the Clutch Start/Cancel button so you could start it without the clutch. I used this feature offroad pretty regularly on an old Hardbody I used to drive. On these newer ones, this button is only available on the Nismo/Pro4x versions. Is there any way to add it on to other models? The blank is on the dash, and there are some loose plugs tied up behind the dash, is there any chance that one of these will plug and play if the switch is added? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
nismo's have different computers so it would have to be activated since everything runs through the computer. i doubt it could be done or at least done for cheap.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I feel like a dumby. Where is this switch located on an '02?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know where it is on an 02 or if they had one. I know that the 87 I used to drive had it on the dash left of the steering wheel, and that is where the blank for it is on my 07. I was hoping since you could jump the wires on the clutch interlock (such as for remote start installation) that it might not be to difficult to tap in and make a factory switch work.

·
Registered
690 Posts
It should work. It's the same thing as a remote start bypass. It only bypasses the clutch/starter interlock. It is not computer controlled. I'll have to look when I get my truck back to see if a relay is involved but it shouldn't be hard or expensive to add.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I appreciate that. If you could, let me know what kind of plug is on the back of the switch so I can see if it is tucked up in there somewhere (a photo would be great). If not, I guess I will rig one up and hopefully be able to use the factory switch so it will look like it has always been there. Thanks!

·
Registered
690 Posts
My truck is getting painted, I should have it back tomorrow or Friday. I'll get pics as soon as I can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts