Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I do believe my clutch is going out, or at least it isn't as good as what it used to be. After pulling people and boats too heavy for the truck out, it has smelled more times than I can count. And after hard heavy use, like some racing, it smells pretty bad. Is the smell something to worry about? I was looking at courtesy parts and I can get a new one for only $40, a price that doesn't seem too bad. Is this necessary? Help me out guys...

·
Registered
104 Posts
The smell is you burning your clutch... as far as whether or not it needs to be replaced, if it was really bad you would be able to pull up against a curb and let the clutch out in gear and it wouldn't kill the engine.....otherwise unless you are noticing a extra amount of slippage you are probably fine

·
Registered
570 Posts
I was looking at courtesy parts and I can get a new one for only $40, a price that doesn't seem too bad.
BTW, if you do replace the clutch you will need the pressure plate too (another $60), especially after all the abuse you've described.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
did you try flushing the fluid first? I would think that should be cheaper than laying down $100 plus a throwout bearing.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I did it again, this time it was really bad. For some reason the clutch pedal wouldn't even return all the way out until it cooled off... any ideas?? I need some help!

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
could be the throw out bearing is going.... with the amount of abuse that youve put it through, i would look into a aftermarket clutch that is better then stock

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
im sure there are, youll just have to do a bit of searching.... i know there is for the 04 5speed 4bangers....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts