Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a good deal on a set of used clutch cylinders for my 03 to start rebuilding the clutch system. They have unknown mileage. Are they rebuildable? If so is it worth rebuilding?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wouldn't. They are cheap enough to buy new and not have problems later. I've rebuilt stuff before and usually doesn't last long. Sometimes there is rust in the bore and no way to remove it successfully.

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
You can get a brand new, Exedy clutch slave cylinder from Rockauto.com for $11.41 shipped...and that's before the 5% discount code is applied (which will save another 37 cents). For that much, I wouldn't bother rebuilding old parts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. Didnt realize they were that cheap. I guess I'll have to treat my truck to brand new parts at that price.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Ironically I just replaced both in the last few days. The master started leaking, then I broke off the bleed nipple from the slave cylinder. Total cost including brake fluid was about $50. Extremely easy job

·
Registered
939 Posts
I feel like an ID10T for not doing this, but just a friendly reminder. ALWAYS heat up the bleed nipple with a plumber's torch before attempting to break loose.

Like duh-uh :|

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good thing it's easy enough to replace. Same goes for the bleed nipples on the brakes, hit them will some oil and heat them up.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I always replace them both at the same time. They are cheap, they are the same age usually, you have to bleed it anyway. Do it all and be done for a few more years.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I always replace them both at the same time. They are cheap, they are the same age usually, you have to bleed it anyway. Do it all and be done for a few more years.
Right the slave was $10 locally, and I am happy in the knowledge it's all brand new, including the fluid. The master was $35 from Amazon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts