Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I'm having no luck with the search engine so I just figured I'd ask. I have a 2007 Frontier 2WD crew cab without dual climate controls. Is it possible to swap out the climate controls from a newer model (maybe a 2014) to the 2007 Frontier? I rented a newer Frontier after my Ford Ranger was totaled and I liked the controls better. It looks like the primary harness connector on the back is standard but not sure if it is an exact replacement. Thanks for the help.

Might have Googled an answer:

How-to: Climate Controls Upgrade to 09+ Controls (*Ultra Pic Heavy*) - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Sounds like a lot of work to me! I would expect the main harness to be different between a Frontier "with" and one "without." Then, I would expect one would need the HVAC unit behind the dash, heater control head and possibly the BCM, as well. Then, one would also need all of the temp sensors and the sunload sensor. Is it really worth it?

Reactions: bajasam

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ya. Cruising through that other thread gave me a similar impression. I’m less concerned about climate control myself, so maybe the sensors are less critical? I just want the option of cold air on one side up front, and warm on the other at the same time .

Thanks for the response

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Ya. Cruising through that other thread gave me a similar impression. I’m less concerned about climate control myself, so maybe the sensors are less critical? I just want the option of cold air on one side up front, and warm on the other at the same time .

Thanks for the response
The sensors are critical if you want the system to work right! The mode doors are all controlled by electric actuators by the HVAC control head using inputs from the settings applied to it as well as using inputs from those sensors. That's what makes it automatic climate control! If it was a cable-based system, then you might have a work-around, but it's not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.