Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just finished putting in a JVC S100. It was dark as I hooked everything back up and I have a hole with no plug? I have the airbag light, climate harness, & hazard light. There is one more plug back there above the climate and next to the hazard. Is there a cable hiding back there that I failed to reconnect? :confused: I couldn't find one and couldn't remember all the disconnects. I'll check it out tomorrow but you guys probably know. Radio works fine by the way. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yea i beleave there is 2 plugs that go to the A/C controls

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
yup there are two for the a/c, one is black the other is white. i believe its the black one that you need to find.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I checked again this AM and couldn't find that second harness. The plug looks like it should be white (black one is hooked up) but I don't see anything. By the way it is a 2009 Crew Cab in case that makes any difference.

Ok, I reviewed the service manual which shows this mystery plug but doesn't address it at all. Called local Nissan Dealer and he stated it could be for an option for another model of Nissan. So I think I'm in the clear.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I checked again this AM and couldn't find that second harness. The plug looks like it should be white (black one is hooked up) but I don't see anything. By the way it is a 2009 Crew Cab in case that makes any difference.

Ok, I reviewed the service manual which shows this mystery plug but doesn't address it at all. Called local Nissan Dealer and he stated it could be for an option for another model of Nissan. So I think I'm in the clear.
Note that the two guys that said there were two plugs for the climate system were Nismo drivers. I have an SE and I can only remember three plugs (white one for airbag light, black funky shaped one for climate system and white one for 4wd).

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
they may have changed it for the 09s.

·
Registered
192 Posts
they may have changed it for the 09s.
That is also very possible. I was just going off what his Nissan contact said about other models having different hook ups. I have no idea if the OP has an SE, Nismo or LE, though. Its also possible I'm just not remembering everything because I haven't had the console apart in a while.

edit: OP has an 09, so Pro-4x instead of Nismo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey guys. I just finished putting in a JVC S100. ..... Radio works fine by the way. Thanks fellas.
Can you provide some feedback on that head unit, now that it's been in for a few days?

I'm considering one for my 2009 KC. How does it sound in comparison to the factory deck, pushing stock speakers? That's supposed to be what it is designed for...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I did not have the head unit in for long (one day or so) before replacing all other speakers and dropping two 8 inch subs in. I did notice it definately helped the stockers. I think the added power and sound processer assisted the stock speakers a good bit. But I also noticed a sizeable difference after swapping the stock speakers. Before I could hardly tell if I had tweets in the dash. Now there is no question. Sounds really good!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks. You just convinced me to pull the trigger and order it. :)

The reviews are definitely mixed on it, but it appears that most of the low ratings are from people with amps, subs, and some serious speakers...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not an expert. I always replace my factory speakers and head unit. This time I wanted some bass too. I have it paired with 2 punch 8s, Boston SX60 components in the front, Alpine sps600 in the rear, and powered by an Alpine PDX-5. I think it sounds really balanced and has plenty of power for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts