Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a thread about this back in December. Fix was to put in new battery, which I did. There still is an annoying clicking noise that occurs while the ignition switch is in the on position, while driving, and then after you turn ignition off after driving. The sound emanates under the dash, somewhere around the steering column. My wife drives this truck and it is driving her crazy. Anyone have any ideas what relay or switch may be the culprit?

Thanks in advance for help!

Gary

·
Registered
862 Posts
I made a thread about this back in December. Fix was to put in new battery, which I did. There still is an annoying clicking noise that occurs while the ignition switch is in the on position, while driving, and then after you turn ignition off after driving. The sound emanates under the dash, somewhere around the steering column. My wife drives this truck and it is driving her crazy. Anyone have any ideas what relay or switch may be the culprit?

Thanks in advance for help!

Gary
Do you have the Rockford Fosgate Stereo Package?

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
i have an 05 and have never heard this clicking your complaining of so sorry i cant help.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i too have had this problem.. the reason why people might not realize this is happening to them is because it happens a couple mins after the car is turned off. i would like to know any suggestions for this as well. i don't have a rockford system

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
i too have had this problem.. the reason why people might not realize this is happening to them is because it happens a couple mins after the car is turned off. i would like to know any suggestions for this as well. i don't have a rockford system
the sound after the ignition is turned off is the HVAC system shutting the inlet door. its normal.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
yourLT1, you beat me too it. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Actually, the clicking noise is a problem with the HVAC system. It is one of the doors or motors or linkages. It is either stuck or it thinks it is stuck. Those of us with HVAC issues hear the clicking. I can usually stop it by shifting airflow from one outlet to another but if it is happening all the time then it is probably stuck part-way.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had this same problem. Like WhiteWolf said, it has something to do with the HVAC system. I had this clicking sound coming from somewhere behind the instrument cluster. It was associated with air coming out the wrong vents. Nissan just replaced the A/C - heater air mix assembly/servo in my truck and the problem has gone away - both the bad airflow and the clicking noise. I'd post the link to WhiteWolf's thread in the DIY forum if I knew how. The Nissan part numbers they installed for me are in there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have noticed this clicking sound only in the last couple of months. I will pay closer attention to exactly when it does and doesn't happen and report back. So far I have only noticed it when driving over small bumps on pavement. I haven't noticed any relation to any specific unctions of the HVAC system but I will see what I can find out. It is terribly annoying and I believe is more frequent and maybe just a bit louder than when it first started. ...Maybe I'm just that much more annoyed by it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can confirm that my clicking noise is unaffected by any change in HVAC settings. It continues to annoy me only whenever the truck shakes a little bit. It may be something loose in the front of the driver side door or somewhere on the left side under the dash. Any ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually, the clicking noise is a problem with the HVAC system. It is one of the doors or motors or linkages. It is either stuck or it thinks it is stuck. Those of us with HVAC issues hear the clicking. I can usually stop it by shifting airflow from one outlet to another but if it is happening all the time then it is probably stuck part-way.
This just started on my 2007 Frontier and when I turn the vent dial to window defrost the clicking stops

1 - 13 of 13 Posts